Water line leak in Lakeview Heights?

amberleah_k

Water line leak in Lakeview Heights?

Post by amberleah_k »

Has anyone else discovered a leak in a water line that runs from the water main on the street to their home in Lakeview Heights area in the last few weeks??
Jmetheral

Re: Water line leak in Lakeview Heights??

Post by Jmetheral »

Had a leak about 6 weeks ago and had to replace it, apparently it is very common in the area.
rosalind neis

Re: Water line leak in Lakeview Heights?

Post by rosalind neis »

Yes. I had a leak around October 3rd and we were without water for almost two weeks until a contractor could come in and dig up the entire line from the street to my house. I can't help but think that the recent blowing out of the water lines has created a huge pressure surge that caused the line to rupture. The city hasn't accepted any responsibility for this and while the copper line was old I find it an interesting coincidence.

I hope that no one else has to go through this unpleasant experience.
Jmetheral

Re: Water line leak in Lakeview Heights?

Post by Jmetheral »

When the town showed up Sunday evening to shut my water off the guy said I was the 4th one that weekend. In my case we found a copper fitting that wasn't installed correctly. I decided to replace the whole line just to be safe. I also talked to my neighbor and several people on the street have replaced their water lines in the last 5 years.

Return to “Central Okanagan”