Metal detectors?

Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Metal detectors?

Post by Randall T »

I'm a bit confused. You say the main shutoff is broken. Is that the one in your home? If so, it might be cheaper and easier just to replace that one so you can service any issues now and in the future.
I birn quil I se
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Randall T wrote:I'm a bit confused. You say the main shutoff is broken. Is that the one in your home? If so, it might be cheaper and easier just to replace that one so you can service any issues now and in the future.

And how do you expect him to do that without shutting off the water somewhere. That's what he is trying to do.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Bsuds wrote:And how do you expect him to do that without shutting off the water somewhere. That's what he is trying to do.

Freeze kit. Not sure if any plumbers around here have one but it uses CO2 to freeze the water in the pipe on both sides of the valve to stop the flow. Some people use dry ice and a Shark Bite valve so they don't have to sweat on a new valve. I think having a plumber do it with the proper equipment would be better and safer for the homeowner.
I birn quil I se
skytech2

Post by skytech2 »

Farmmaa
I can lend you a metal detector. I assume you are in Lakeview Heights. PM me if you still need one.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Thank you Skytech!!!! Ken was supposed to come today but got called to work - if he can't make it tomorrow I'll give you a shout !
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Huge thanks to Ken Dewerson for coming out and searching for me ! Finally found the darn thing right under a huge cedar hedge. Added bonus, found the neighbor's during the search as well.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Aug 13th, 2015, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thanks for the catch - spammer now deleted
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

So your water utility won't help? I called for a shut-off, utility guy couldn't find it so he went back to the shop and returned with a metal detector. They were very good to me actually.

Return to “Central Okanagan”