Media Bully

Joe Pinouchi

Media Bully

Post by Joe Pinouchi »

Recently CTV (Vancouver) aired a story as they were concerned about Xmas lights going up too early in our community...

The CTV Okanagan bureau chief conducted his interview by taking to the streets and asking some residents how they felt about this burning issue. No big deal...

When the reporter found DWK staff installing Xmas propaganda he kicked it into high gear... I personally witness this "award winning" journalists ambush and harass district staff who clearly stated they had no comment and did not wish to be apart of such a non story wich only served to ridicule their community. The reporter and his cameraman badgered the city staff as they attempted to get in their vehicle and followed them for sometime around the downtown area while they continued to work.

I'm all for freedom of press, but I can't stand bullies!

In case you want to know what award winning journalism looks like here it is...

http://youtu.be/FFUuvGZ8OiA
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Re: Media Bully

Post by GoStumpy »

I used to be a part of "Don't you dare put it up before Dec 1st" clan...

Then I moved here, and realized that I don't want to be dealing with christmas lights A) in the snow, and B) below freezing... So now I don't mind seeing them put up in November at all, put em up before it hurts your hands :)
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Must have been a very slow news day. There has been Christmas merchandise in some stores since August. Perhaps the story should have been how far behind W. Kelowna was!
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Joe Pinouchi wrote:Recently CTV (Vancouver) aired a story as they were concerned about Xmas lights going up too early in our community...

The CTV Okanagan bureau chief conducted his interview by taking to the streets and asking some residents how they felt about this burning issue. No big deal...

When the reporter found DWK staff installing Xmas propaganda he kicked it into high gear... I personally witness this "award winning" journalists ambush and harass district staff who clearly stated they had no comment and did not wish to be apart of such a non story wich only served to ridicule their community. The reporter and his cameraman badgered the city staff as they attempted to get in their vehicle and followed them for sometime around the downtown area while they continued to work.

I'm all for freedom of press, but I can't stand bullies!

In case you want to know what award winning journalism looks like here it is...

http://youtu.be/FFUuvGZ8OiA

This video is very old. Publishedon Mar 8, 2012. Is it even related to the topic at hand? or you just want to give Mr Molgat a hard time
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.

Return to “Central Okanagan”