Glenrosa water shut-off

Twinkletoes

Glenrosa water shut-off

Post by Twinkletoes »

Silly Question!
I just bought my first house in lower glenrosa and can't find the outside water shut off!
I have looked under ceiling tiles and around the house and all the taps are for a piping in the house somewhere else
It is a house built in 1972 and the plumbing in this house was a mess to being with so I could only imagine where
the water shut off it
If anyone has any tips or ideas where the builders put the outside water taps for glenrosa homes that would be fantastic
I could hire someone to come and look around but I figured I would try this first

Thanks for any bit of info.
annexi
Board Meister

Re: Glenrosa Water Shut off

Post by annexi »

Do you have a crawl space under your house? Can you access the crawl space from inside your house? If so, it might be in the crawl space near to where the access point from the house is.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

Many homes in Glenrosa in the 70's were bi-level style.......In the front door and then up 4 feet and down 4 feet.
Many homes like this had the outside water shut off under the entrance platform between the two levels...Go down the stairs and look under this entrance floor area. Usually used for storage.

Hope this helps. It could be the same for split levels with that floor configuration also.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Have you tried to contact the previous owner?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Twinkletoes

Re: Glenrosa water shut-off

Post by Twinkletoes »

Unfortunately the previous owner got up and left (It was a foreclosure)

I don't have a crawl space

Under the stairs is empty, but beside that is the hot water tank and furnace room which I have searched everywhere in there and nothing in that little room

Thank you for all the comments, I will continue to search
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

You sure it's not a frost free valve?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I own a rental home in GR and there are two outside taps. One has a shutoff and one does not.

The front one is a frost free so doesn't need to be shut off and the rear one is not and it has a shutoff on the inside back wall very close to where the bib is.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

watchkat wrote:Many homes in Glenrosa in the 70's were bi-level style.......In the front door and then up 4 feet and down 4 feet.
Many homes like this had the outside water shut off under the entrance platform between the two levels...Go down the stairs and look under this entrance floor area. Usually used for storage.

Hope this helps. It could be the same for split levels with that floor configuration also.

This would have been the main shut off put in by the contractor. Unless the previous owner/owners have installed a shut off, you probably would not have one, and all homes were installed with frost free taps.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

watchkat: Many homes in Glenrosa in the 70's were bi-level style.......In the front door and then up 4 feet and down 4 feet.

This would have been the main shut off put in by the contractor. Unless the previous owner/owners have installed a shut off, you probably would not have one, and all homes were installed with frost free taps.[/quote]

My own bi-level ,,,,built in 1980's had the front tap by the door shut off by the tap under the stairs. A separate one above the tap and pony wall at the inside back took care of that outside rear one.

Return to “Central Okanagan”