What's with the no cel coverage ( Rogers )

Zoso
Übergod

What's with the no cel coverage ( Rogers )

Post by Zoso »

Everyone I can manage to text with iMessage is also out of service . This has been all day now .
Strong and free
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: What's with the no cel coverage ( Rogers )

Post by GordonH »

Here is a map showing the cell tower locations for each: http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

The lack of consistent service in BC by Rogers was enough for me to drop them after years of being their customer. On top of that, there have been several instances that it would take hours or even days to send a text. I would send a text - it would say it was sent but the recipient would not actually receive it until hours later or ever a couple of days later
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Wasn't the scrapped new cell tower that was going to be erected on land owned by Boucherie Winery going to be a Rogers tower?

If so, being as how it was basically scrapped due to negative publicity, makes it kind of hard to *bleep* now?

And I am a Rogers customer.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Wasn't the scrapped new cell tower that was going to be erected on land owned by Boucherie Winery going to be a Rogers tower?

If so, being as how it was basically scrapped due to negative publicity, makes it kind of hard to *bleep* now?

And I am a Rogers customer.

I live not too far from where the tower was going and I had no problem with it. (Not a Rogers customer). Too many damn NIMBY's in this world. I would have just gone ahead with it...
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Dizzy1 wrote:The lack of consistent service in BC by Rogers was enough for me to drop them after years of being their customer. On top of that, there have been several instances that it would take hours or even days to send a text. I would send a text - it would say it was sent but the recipient would not actually receive it until hours later or ever a couple of days later

I had the same issues, could not even get good reception in my house.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Dizzy1 wrote:The lack of consistent service in BC by Rogers was enough for me to drop them after years of being their customer. On top of that, there have been several instances that it would take hours or even days to send a text. I would send a text - it would say it was sent but the recipient would not actually receive it until hours later or ever a couple of days later

I was a customer for 1 three year term, found far to many dead-zones up & down this valley. It no wonder looking at link I provided earlier and lack of towers.

Added later: the Westside needs a number of Rogers cell towers to improve reception.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

One day there will be a phone that uses whoever has the best signal and get billed by a new out fit that carries all of them .
Strong and free
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Zoso wrote:One day there will be a phone that uses whoever has the best signal and get billed by a new out fit that carries all of them .

Telus has a agreement with Bell & it's minor partners (i.e Virgin) to use there towers, Rogers wants to stand alone.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

yup Girlfriend had that same problem....

Well I guess they will have a hard time to do it by asking people that there is a cell tower going up...

just do what telus does and just throw it up...done....

in reality what can one do if they are setting it up in a comercial style site like the winery.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “Central Okanagan”