Lampwork Beadmaking

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

very pretty westsidemom! how long have you been hiding this from us? :lol:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
westsidemom
Board Meister

Post by westsidemom »

gardengirl wrote:Wow. Those are great. You said you are taking a class?

Thanks!... I haven't taken any classes, just taught myself from a book. It's totally addictive, the glowing hot glass seems to hypnotize. I find it very calming (even tho my torch is VERY loud!)and do it only as a hobby. Sometimes people pressure me to sell my beads, but I can't really bring myself to do so because business stuff gives me hives. So I gift them out instead. Each bead takes anywhere from 15minutes-2 hours to make. :)
Ignorance is curable; stupidity is not...
westsidemom
Board Meister

Post by westsidemom »

ferri wrote:very pretty westsidemom! how long have you been hiding this from us? :lol:

Thanks Ferri, I have been doing this for a year and a half. I have shown some fellow castanutters my fun(addiction)at one of the G2G's, unfortunately it was at the one you and Bri missed at Tonics this past summer:(
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

westsidemom wrote:
ferri wrote:very pretty westsidemom! how long have you been hiding this from us? :lol:

Thanks Ferri, I have been doing this for a year and a half. I have shown some fellow castanutters my fun(addiction)at one of the G2G's, unfortunately it was at the one you and Bri missed at Tonics this past summer:(

dang! i missed that. :-X you will just have to come to another one and show off for me!!! :smt023

pssssst check out Cheers...there's a get together on Saturday!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Olivia
Fledgling

Post by Olivia »

Gorgeous beads Westsidemom! :134:
Looking forward to giving it a try.
~ An act of kindness will put a smile in your heart, and your kisser!~
crash 99
Walks on Forum Water

Post by crash 99 »

WOW!!

Way too cool! Olivia...looks like you're in for some fun!! :smt023 :124:
westsidemom
Board Meister

Post by westsidemom »

Olivia wrote:Gorgeous beads Westsidemom! :134:
Looking forward to giving it a try.

Thanks Olivia. :) I have been obsessed with glass since the first time I saw it being blown. I have actually blown some pieces as well, but I think it requires a better, bigger torch. Its quite cheap to get into this hobby, but when you get addicted to buying the glass it gets costly. Lots of people work with molds, I have chosen to stay away from that (for now)and do free form. My settup is very basic, until I get a bigger house with an extra room or a shop that I can convert to a studio.

I will try and get to the get together on the 10th Ferri, hopefully I will have a new sack of beads to show off...:D

And really if anyone else is interested in learning about this you are welcome to PM me and let me know, we could set up a torchtime.:)
sunchaser50

Re: Lampwork Beadmaking

Post by sunchaser50 »

Wow Westsidemom you are amazing, and self taught that is very cool! I live in penticton and just last year i got my own torch for Christmas and i love it. I have been trying to teach myself off youtube and things like that but im more of a hands on learner. I've been looking around trying to find some places that do classes, but i can't find many places that do them. I work part time but maybe we could get together on one of my days off and i could possibly get some pointers from you? Anyways have a great day and talk to you soon!

B.W.
Sarah_D

Post by Sarah_D »

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully people still check this out. I live in the Penticton area and am looking to learn more about lampworking from local hobbists or artists. Have a little experience but really passionate. Could anyone help me out or point me in the right direction :)?
TJ05
Fledgling

Post by TJ05 »

I would like to know if Westsidemom is still doing it. I would like to find a place in town that sells lampwork beads.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”