CNC Machine for cutting MDF

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Hellfire

Re: CNC Machine for cutting MDF

Post by Hellfire »

Boda wrote:Geometric moved to Stevens Road in West Kelowna. Right across fron Westlake Paving. Vladamir is the fellas name.
There's another guy over on Sexsmith. I think it's called Roberts kitchens, last I spoke to him he was talking about moving so not sure if he's still there.

Great! Thank you so much!
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Vladimir? He had a shop in lower town. Old guy? What is he doing hooked up with Geometrics?
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

ILBT uh-huh wrote:Vladimir? He had a shop in lower town. Old guy? What is he doing hooked up with Geometrics?

Vladimir is the owner. He moved the shop from Summerland to Stevens Rd. less than a year ago. Doubt if he's 50 years old.
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

Boda wrote:Vladimir is the owner. He moved the shop from Summerland to Stevens Rd. less than a year ago. Doubt if he's 50 years old.

Is his shop still called Geometrics? I haven't been over there yet to track them down but was hoping for a web site or phone number.
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Vladamir must have bought out the original owner the, because the guy who started it wasn't named V.
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

Hellfire wrote:
Boda wrote:Vladimir is the owner. He moved the shop from Summerland to Stevens Rd. less than a year ago. Doubt if he's 50 years old.

Is his shop still called Geometrics? I haven't been over there yet to track them down but was hoping for a web site or phone number.

Yes it is. Not sure how long Vladimir has owned it but he introduced himself as owner when seeking quotation to move the shop.
BobH

Post by BobH »

Not sure if your still looking Hellfire but this may help. FormaShape actually has 2 cnc machines. The smaller one is used to cut mdf for different projects and I know they use to do smaller jobs for people but not sure anymore. It's only a 5' x 10' table so probably exactly what you need.

edit to add; As far as helping out to save a couple bucks, it's a union shop so I really doubt they'll let you help. Nice thought though.
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

BobH wrote:Not sure if your still looking Hellfire but this may help.

Thanks! I've had a couple guys contact me with machines, or access to machines but as of yet I haven't cut anything. I'm still working on the drawings but having to update my CAD skills to 2011 is slowing me down. I haven't done this stuff since Autocad R12 was out and I'm pretty rusty.
BobH

Post by BobH »

Your welcome :) I hope you get what your after. Cant imagine what it takes to program/run one of them machines. I did however help setup/calibrate that big cnc machine at FormaShape and if running/programming them is anywhere near as hard as that was, GL, you'll need it :)
woodwork-CNC

Post by woodwork-CNC »

If you want industrial CNC routers, there is ACM-CNC.com out of Richmond, BC. they have large inventory of machines for demo, training and pickup. Give them a call.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

northernlighter

Post by northernlighter »

http://www.allcamcnc.com/ Try these guys, in Kelowna
DIY Hero

Post by DIY Hero »

Try Artesano Cabinet Co. on sexsmith rd.... usually about 60/hr for cnc plus setup.
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

RR24K wrote:
Hellfire wrote:Hey...

I've got a few projects that I need a CNC cutting machine for. (Kids bunk beds, DIY speakers and sub-woofer, small table, etc.) Anyone know a shop or hobbyist in the Okanagan that has one and would be willing to sell me some time on it?

Or better yet, anyone have one that they can cut out some parts on so I can build my own?

The one place that comes to mind is this place they make plugs for molds out of MDF http://www.formashape.com/

Unless you know someone that works at this shop its going to cost you $$$.

They are located in Lake Country just off Beaver Lake Rd, 9505 Haldane Rd.

I don't know what exactly what you need but I make templates out of 1/2 in MDF, Baltic Birch, or Lexan for projects. MDF for a few pieces or Birch/Lexan for lots of parts. Make the template (exactly), rough out the part on a band saw and use the template to trim it on a router table with a double bearing bit. A bit of sanding and done.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

I have been looking to buy one as of recent how ever I am still looking to find a decent price on one then will consider buying it. If I happen to find one ill let you know :)

Return to “Creative Endeavours”