DIY Gardening

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

DIY Gardening

Post by Graphite »

Any ideas for recyclables in the garden?

I like to google 'flea market gardens' or 'thrift store gardens' for fun ideas.

Today I will be planting thrift store baskets with annuals.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: DIY Gardening

Post by Queen K »

I use wheelbarrows of all different vintages. Easy weeding and easy planting. Esp. plants that like to spill over the sides.
I also have a metal old time fertilizer full of petunias right now.

My former waterbarrels will be cut in half and used for the daughter plants of the strawberries growing right now.

Good luck on finding good objects to use.

Have you ever been to Bushart Gardens on Canyonview Dr. in Summerland? Now there are some creative ideas on using stuff for planters!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I just wish to enter a contest and win an entire back yard done as I want.. anyone here holding such a contest?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Deleted by Trip... WE don't allow links to personal blogs.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Do you put holes in the wheelbarrows for drainage? I love the wheel barrow idea.

I keep looking online for ideas, I have been trying with blogger but I cant navigate that site for anything. Its pretty irritating.

I did find some cool things at the thrift store the other day for use in the garden. Even buying used the costs add up. But at least its cheaper than buying new. I went to a few of the major garden centers, and while they have very nice things, the costs are prohibitive!
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Walmart had those on sale for ~$8ea last year, my neighbor bought 12, I bought 4... Drill some holes in the bottom and they work GREAT for tomato, peppers, anything really.....
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Graphite wrote:Do you put holes in the wheelbarrows for drainage? I love the wheel barrow idea.

I keep looking online for ideas, I have been trying with blogger but I cant navigate that site for anything. Its pretty irritating.

I did find some cool things at the thrift store the other day for use in the garden. Even buying used the costs add up. But at least its cheaper than buying new. I went to a few of the major garden centers, and while they have very nice things, the costs are prohibitive!

:ohmygod: I just saw this. Sorry, but yes, had to, but not too big and they dry out fast anyways. Will post pix soon.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Wheelbarrow gardens of 2011, for Graphite.
wheelb fourty two.jpg
Attachments
wheelb thirty five.jpg

Return to “Creative Endeavours”