Gardening, flowers and veggies: 2014

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Gardening, flowers and veggies: 2014

Post by Queen K »

Yup, us too. I'm glad I got started on putting the garden away yesterday. Too late to transplant Fall bearing raspberry canes I fear.

However, we're improving the soil in part of the raspberry bed and leaving leaves over it during the Winter for soil improvement.

I know carrots don't do well in raised beds when it freezes so it's carrot soup time.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Baking sugar pumpkins today. Not my own, but plan to save some seeds for next year.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

If you have seeds to spare, may I have one or two?

The garden is covered in white, and a portion of my brain is calculating for spring . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I can't even remember what we did with them, as soon as I find them, I'll get some to you.

Time for a gardening 2015 thread yet?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

mmmm - I'd wait 'til Jan 1st.

I just think we ought to start the new thread in the year its for . . .

I want to expand my garden, just not sure if I'll have the energy or cash to do it.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My basil is still going strong. I bought one plant, then had a volunteer come up in another pot September.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pbear »

Christmas Day I walked the yard thinking I'd get out and do some pruning. Silly me. We have a LOT of snow and it is snowing again.
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

On January 1 I want to set in motion a plan for putting seeds in peat pucks - probably lobelia, asters, zinnia, petunias and a few other things to attract the bees and hummingbirds, maybe some green onion seeds. We'll have a whale of a bunch of volunteer tomatoes ALL over the place so we just may let them have at 'er.

If you plan to plant lobelia seeds yourself, mix the seed in with fine sand before pinching it up and you won't get huge impossible clumps in each pot.
Chill

Return to “Creative Endeavours”