Cost to build a carriage house?

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
bpal

Cost to build a carriage house?

Post by bpal »

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know what it roughly costs to build a 1000 sqft carriage house in Kelowna? Nothing fancy. Just a simple and practical design. Thanks in advance
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Cost to build a carriage house?

Post by TylerM4 »

Very hard to estimate. Assuming you won't be doing any of the work yourself, you keep it fairly low-key, and that 1000sqft is all on one level - anticipate $200-$250 per sqft.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

http://hartleyhomes.blogspot.ca/

Carriage house would be cheaper
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Bsuds wrote:http://hartleyhomes.blogspot.ca/

Carriage house would be cheaper

You completely missed the point of that article. The point being that it depends very much on the situation and style of home being built. The fact that the carriage house the article mentions is cheaper has very little to do with being a carriage house and everything to do with the fact that the example he used is a much cheaper style of home to build.

Also - Article is very confusing/wrong in it's cost estimating. Says $140/sqft but also says that 960sqft = $210,000 so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

A 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath 960 sq ft Carriage house (on crawl space) 20 ft of kitchen cabinets with hard surface counter top, a combination of hardwood, tile, carpet and a 2 car garage has a very different cost basis and is about $140/ sq ft or $210,000

Return to “Creative Endeavours”