New painting. 'Prometheus'

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

New painting. 'Prometheus'

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Prometheus
Acrylic and ink on canvas. 20x38 in

Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: New painting. 'Prometheus'

Post by Dizzy1 »

Is this something you've painted yourself?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

You bet.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Well, in that case ... you get a Like ;) Very nice work :)

I'm not into art myself, it just doesn't speak to me like it does to some. But I do ask myself where the artist got the inspiration from. So where did you get the inspiration from? Is it something you've seen or just randomly had in your head? Do you see the finished picture before or do you just have an idea and let your creativity do its job? And why the title "Prometheus"?

Sorry, I just get very intrigued.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Wow. Nice work.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Dizzy1 wrote:Well, in that case ... you get a Like ;) Very nice work :)

I'm not into art myself, it just doesn't speak to me like it does to some. But I do ask myself where the artist got the inspiration from. So where did you get the inspiration from? Is it something you've seen or just randomly had in your head? Do you see the finished picture before or do you just have an idea and let your creativity do its job? And why the title "Prometheus"?

Sorry, I just get very intrigued.

The inspiration for most of my work is mostly ancient mythology, 'sacred' geometry, and the occult. I love the story of Prometeus because of his audacity in tricking the gods and giving man fire. The owl is a symbol of wisdom and hidden knowledge, and the rich tones of the painting represent fire, especially the vivid orange/red eyes.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Now I can connect the dots, that makes sense :) So, do you typically describe what you've painted to someone or are people able to understand what you've painted? Are asking these types of questions taboo or insulting for an artist?
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

It's not insulting or taboo in any way. As for the process and meaning, that all depends. Sometimes I just create with no intention of having any 'meaning' behind it. Other times, the story tells itself as the image is created. I do lots of custom work for people, so they usually have their own meaning behind what they want and I just work with it to help their vision become reality.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Very nice doodle art , I remember doing them as a child.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

LOL - doodle art? Hardly. The variations in colour and highlighting I think is very well done. Thanks for sharing.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Impressive, where can we see more of your work?
We're lost but we're making good time.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”