10' x 20' portable car garage issue

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
ok-kel

10' x 20' portable car garage issue

Post by ok-kel »

HELP !! We bought one in 2007 from Costco. In 2011 we contacted the manufacturer directly and ordered a new roof for just over $100. We lost the manual so do not know the company now... There is supposed to be a tag on the roof panel but i can't find it...
We NEED a new roof panel.
Any ideas?
We need a tarp that is NOT blue, is waterproof and UV protected and preferably 12 mm thickness with reinforced grommets approx 18" apart. Costco.com has replacements but does not deliver to Canada.
The one we have is beige.[imgHELP !! We bought one in 2007 from Costco. In 2011 we contacted the manufacturer directly and ordered a new roof for just over $100. We lost the manual so do not know the company now... There is supposed to be a tag on the roof panel but i can't find it...
We NEED a new roof panel.
Any ideas?
The one we have is beige.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: 10' x 20' portable car garage issue

Post by dogspoiler »

Can't help you with the real roof unless you can find somewhere in the states that will receive the roof and forward it to you, that may be the best option. If you just keep looking and asking you may find a tarp to fit. I have found them in white and beige. Maybe Princess auto.
Black Dogs Matter
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe try costco.ca customer service
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Maybe a local awning company can make one for you in the correct colour.
I birn quil I se
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

I have a grey tarp from Princess that is suppossed to be UV resistant.

Still thinking I should put a metal roof on mine and be done with it.
Puddlejumper40
Board Meister

Post by Puddlejumper40 »

Tacklewasher wrote:I have a grey tarp from Princess that is suppossed to be UV resistant.

Still thinking I should put a metal roof on mine and be done with it.

I have bought the UV resistant ones in the past to cover a boat. It's just a matter of time before they loose their effectiveness. I don't know if it wore out quicker because of the constant pressure from the edges against the tarp but they wore out in those spots pretty quickly. It's not like there was constant rubbing, just constant pressure.
Yours truly,

JollyJumper40 :)
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

You can buy a very very large white tarp that will cover the roof and the sides of your garage. (Canadian tire puts them on sale in the Fall.) The last one I bought was large enough to cover roof, sides, and back of the garage. If you put this tarp over the garage immediately you will protect the original fabric of the garage. I cover my garage/shed with a new tarp every 2 or three years, just put it over top of the previous tarp and it creates a more stable cover.

If you keep the portable garage doors zipped there is less chance of wind getting in and creating the parachute effect that rips these structures apart. I also have mine facing North and South because the winds tend to be from West to East around my place.
sy123

Post by sy123 »

Check the Kamloops store - I am prewtty sure the Costco store there sells the roof for a 10 x 20
and I think they are about $85.
I know for sure in Wash state they all sell them

Return to “Creative Endeavours”