All things Farming

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Re: All things Farming

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

Wow how did I miss this thread :1422:

9 years ago I was working a J job that I hated, raising two girls on my own. living in a bachelor suite.
I don't know how one goes from being not a farmer to being a farmer and I did it :D
Anyone remember how I did this???
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Nom_de_Plume wrote:Wow how did I miss this thread :1422:

9 years ago I was working a J job that I hated, raising two girls on my own. living in a bachelor suite.
I don't know how one goes from being not a farmer to being a farmer and I did it :D

Farming...it grows on you.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I'm looking for heritage breed piglets. Anyone got a line on Berkshire or Tamworth or Big Black pig weaners?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Nom_de_Plume wrote:Wow how did I miss this thread :1422:

When I came on here, I believe you were already in Southeast Kelowna. So I never really got the one, two, three story as to how you got from N-a-F to B-a-F.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Found some GREAT pigs in Armstrong...they have 14 of them ready to go.
- Unknown
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

If you're on facebook, join this grouphttps://www.facebook.com/groups/594126793962596/
It's got a great bunch of people with advice and animals/feed/equipment to sell
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

How goes the farm life, folks? I enjoy hearing about it. :)
I haven't failed until I quit.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Farm life is always busy but right now is one of the more active times. Planting and tending to young stock. Range cows got pushed out a few weeks ago. The grass is plentiful and lush. Crossing fingers and toes and eyes that this year will bring in some good hay crops so we aren't paying the astronomical prices we have been. Wishful thinking on my part...lol
- Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Me too. I farm my land, sorta. But there's room for improvement I tell ya.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped up

Congratulations to this egg farmer, neighbourhood around this chicken farm isn’t going to like the smell of 3,000 chickens.
Chicken farm smell has tendency to more of eye burning issue, manure isn’t to bad as long as it not disturbed.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Salmon-Ar ... ng-program
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

I have raised growbeds in my back yard and there are two plants I know how to take care of...Potatoes and Peas! :biggrin:
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

MCB wrote: Feb 23rd, 2022, 7:07 pm I have raised growbeds in my back yard and there are two plants I know how to take care of...Potatoes and Peas! :biggrin:
I have raised beds in my garden too.
The only thing in them right now is snow. :-X
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “Creative Endeavours”