Where can i get a travel trailer weighed

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.

Re: Where can i get a travel trailer weighed

Postby oldtrucker » Jun 6th, 2018, 6:11 pm

You don't need to call ahead to weigh your vehicle in Vernon or at any scale. Just drive over it, wave at the scale guy- but have a dumb 'I didn't know any better' look on your face. Works for me...I haven't had' Stop. Bring in papers.' light for at least 6 years, and I'm driving a tractor trailer.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
User avatar
oldtrucker
Übergod
 
Posts: 1130
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 565 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 4:19 pm
Location: Proxima Centauri B

Re: Where can i get a travel trailer weighed

Postby Catsumi » Jun 6th, 2018, 8:38 pm

Let me guess, it was the Sofbunny look, what could go wrong?

:130:
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill
User avatar
Catsumi
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2578
Likes: 3184 posts
Liked in: 2232 posts
Joined: May 24th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Re: Where can i get a travel trailer weighed

Postby kingsandman » Jun 18th, 2018, 11:18 am

Go Here, ABC Recycling Kelowna 3258 Hwy 97 North Kelowna
For $10, they'll give you a certified scale certificate.
As someone else said, you'll need to disconnect the trailer from the tow vehicle to get an accurate weight. They'll allow you to pull up to the point of the tongue jack is still on the scale but your vehicle is off. You'll simple lower the jack until it's free of the hitch ball, they'll weigh it and you can re attach.
Do not just "show up" at the Vernon Scale, they won't take kindly to you holding up commercial traffic.
There's no scale at the Husky on Edwards. Hasn't been for a long time.
Model citizen......zero discipline.
User avatar
kingsandman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1710
Likes: 29 posts
Liked in: 402 posts
Joined: Dec 1st, 2007, 5:47 pm

Re: Where can i get a travel trailer weighed

Postby LTD » Jun 18th, 2018, 1:04 pm

there is a scale at husky on Edwards its actually western stars scale
LTD
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3659
Likes: 2502 posts
Liked in: 2849 posts
Joined: Mar 31st, 2010, 3:34 pm

Re: Where can i get a travel trailer weighed

Postby alanjh595 » Jun 18th, 2018, 1:27 pm

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
User avatar
alanjh595
Guru
 
Posts: 5913
Likes: 2175 posts
Liked in: 3268 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: Where can i get a travel trailer weighed

Postby kingsandman » Jun 19th, 2018, 2:41 pm

LTD wrote:there is a scale at husky on Edwards its actually western stars scale

Here's their website, it has their phone number.
http://rjameswsf.ca/services/kelowna/
Call them, ask if they have a scale. When they tell you no, ask them why, demand an answer. Ask them why they took out the scale a year and half ago and replaced it with another bulk fuel island with boat gas and bulk DEF pump.
Here's a pic from their Facebook page from a year ago,
https://www.facebook.com/15716476331255 ... =3&theater
You can see the fenced off area behind where the new boat gas island is nearing completion. It's where the scale USED to be.

Go ahead, I'll wait.........
Model citizen......zero discipline.
User avatar
kingsandman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1710
Likes: 29 posts
Liked in: 402 posts
Joined: Dec 1st, 2007, 5:47 pm

Re: Where can i get a travel trailer weighed

Postby kingsandman » Jun 19th, 2018, 2:56 pm

alanjh595 wrote:
Capture.JPG

Right Weigh Scales sells, services, installs and maintains scales.
There's no scale at that location......
Model citizen......zero discipline.
User avatar
kingsandman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1710
Likes: 29 posts
Liked in: 402 posts
Joined: Dec 1st, 2007, 5:47 pm

Re: Where can i get a travel trailer weighed

Postby LTD » Jun 23rd, 2018, 6:48 pm

kingsandman wrote:
LTD wrote:there is a scale at husky on Edwards its actually western stars scale

Here's their website, it has their phone number.
http://rjameswsf.ca/services/kelowna/
Call them, ask if they have a scale. When they tell you no, ask them why, demand an answer. Ask them why they took out the scale a year and half ago and replaced it with another bulk fuel island with boat gas and bulk DEF pump.
Here's a pic from their Facebook page from a year ago,
https://www.facebook.com/15716476331255 ... =3&theater
You can see the fenced off area behind where the new boat gas island is nearing completion. It's where the scale USED to be.

Go ahead, I'll wait.........

your right I was by there the other day you act like a dbag tho
LTD
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3659
Likes: 2502 posts
Liked in: 2849 posts
Joined: Mar 31st, 2010, 3:34 pm

Re: Where can i get a travel trailer weighed

Postby kingsandman » Jun 24th, 2018, 12:39 pm

LTD wrote:your right I was by there the other day you act like a dbag tho


For stating facts instead of misinforming people?
When I first stated that the scale had been removed, you should have taken a second to ask yourself if it maybe it had. Instead you come back and state that it's still there like I'm the stupid one.

Check facts, then post.
It's simple...….
Model citizen......zero discipline.
User avatar
kingsandman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1710
Likes: 29 posts
Liked in: 402 posts
Joined: Dec 1st, 2007, 5:47 pm

Re: Where can i get a travel trailer weighed

Postby Bsuds » Jun 24th, 2018, 1:19 pm

kingsandman wrote:Do not just "show up" at the Vernon Scale, they won't take kindly to you holding up commercial traffic.


You are probably right but when I asked my BIL who worked ant the scale in Hope for many years and now the Inspections told me to drive up and park to the side then go in and tell them what you are wanting to do. They will weigh it for free.
If I agreed with you then we would both be wrong!
You are never too old to learn something stupid.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 42696
Likes: 8629 posts
Liked in: 10920 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Where can i get a travel trailer weighed

Postby alanjh595 » Jun 24th, 2018, 1:39 pm

I know there is a MOT scales just North of Vernon, I don't know of any around Kelowna.
Are you trying to weigh because you feel the trailer/hitch is over limit? OR are just curious?

If you are just curious, maybe contact the landfill site, they might weigh you for free? I don't know, I am just throwing the idea out there for you.
It might take 2 trips, one being tow vehicle + trailer and the second time for just the tow vehicle alone.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
User avatar
alanjh595
Guru
 
Posts: 5913
Likes: 2175 posts
Liked in: 3268 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: Where can i get a travel trailer weighed

Postby kingsandman » Jun 24th, 2018, 9:23 pm

Bsuds wrote:
kingsandman wrote:Do not just "show up" at the Vernon Scale, they won't take kindly to you holding up commercial traffic.


You are probably right but when I asked my BIL who worked ant the scale in Hope for many years and now the Inspections told me to drive up and park to the side then go in and tell them what you are wanting to do. They will weigh it for free.

They'll certainly weigh you, my point would be tying up the scale.
To truly weigh just the trailer, you'll have to disconnect it. Alternatively (as someone else mentioned), 2 trips. 1 to weigh the combination, 1 to weigh the tow vehicle. Ensure fuel level in tow vehicle is close.
All you get is a small receipt style piece of paper showing the weight. If the OP requires more than that (they need a certified weigh scale report for ICBC for instance), then ABC Recycling can do that and ICBC recognizes their documentation.

The landfill charges for their document as well and they certainly won't want you disconnecting a trailer on the scale. ICBC does not recognize the landfill tare receipt.

ICBC Modified Collector Plate program calls for a certified scale report, they recommended ABC. I've done it multiple times and have never had ICBC question the scale certificate.
Model citizen......zero discipline.
User avatar
kingsandman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1710
Likes: 29 posts
Liked in: 402 posts
Joined: Dec 1st, 2007, 5:47 pm

Previous

Return to Creative Endeavours

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests