Pickling - Pickled Japapeno Peppers recipe ???

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Tootsie
Board Meister

Pickling - Pickled Japapeno Peppers recipe ???

Post by Tootsie »

OK I've decided after paying $3.29 for a dinky jar of pickled jalapeno peppers (sliced) to use on homemade nachos, that I need to just do my own. I always seem to have an abundance of them but seem to use them in homemade salsa. Not a bad thing BUT I just need a good recipe for homemade pickled sliced jalapeno peppers on their own. Just the kind you use for nachos.

I've been browsing lots of recipes online but they all seem to give a shelf life of about 3 mths. And all the ones I see say to immerse the peppers in the brine before putting them in the jar (not sure why).

So I figure ...maybe in the midst of this dreary winter I can entice some pickling enthusiasts to dig out their sure-fire recipe for me to hang onto till late next summer ???

I hate winter & look forward to spring so much. It's my way of saying a new year of great gardening & preserving is coming ! Happy New Year everyone & I thank you if you can provide me with a great recipe.
generalposter
Board Meister

Re: Pickling - Pickled Japapeno Peppers recipe ???

Post by generalposter »

Your finished product will only be as good as the materials you work with. All produce should be fresh and ripe,( not overly ripe) and well washed. Try to use a vinegar of 5% acetic and fresh produce.
Last edited by generalposter on Jan 21st, 2017, 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Someone has to say it.
generalposter
Board Meister

Re: Pickling - Pickled Japapeno Peppers recipe ???

Post by generalposter »

Hopefully you never have to pay $3.50 for 50 cents worth of jalapenos again.
Someone has to say it.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”