Gardening 2017: Fruits, Veggies, Flowers

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Gardening 2017: Fruits, Veggies, Flowers

Post by Lady tehMa »

Anyone else out scavenging the sales? I got to the Greenery on Thursday afternoon, got the last iris (unknown type, tag missing) and some asparagus to replace what I had lost.

Got a nice daylily at Extra Foods (or whatever they call it now). I've been hunting for a Morden rose, I'm interested in the JP Connell (Artist Series). It is a yellow, and hardy.

If anyone wants some of the fall gold raspberries, they have them cheap in the clearance section at Art Knapps. Also blueberries, haskaps and regular raspberries. If you don't know where the clearances section is located, you will probably have to ask a staff member.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I feel like I don't have room anymore, but the golden raspberries might get looked into. :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Peas are coming on strong . Couple days the pods will be full
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Rona doesn't have plants on sale yet.

Home Depot has a small clearance section in the parking lot, by their fenced in collection of larger perennials. They have hydrangeas for $5. Other plants for $2. They look pretty healthy despite being on clearance.

I found my rose at Home Depot! Wasn't on sale though :-X Bought it anyway. :admin: Turns out I had the wrong name, it's Bill Reid - named after a silver/gold smith.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I might give a way a small red rose. IF I can find Twilight (whyyyy didn't I buy it when I had the chance?) I decided to find room for it.

Might have to drive back to Osoyoos to Sandhu for it.

If anyone sees a Passion Flower vine, please grab it for me, I'll pay you back immediately for it of course. :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'll keep my eye out. By small red rose do you mean mini, or fully sized rose that isn't a really big one?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Medium, might be where it's planted, but I've decided I prefer any rose colour other than red. It's up for grabs in the Fall.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Is it a fragrant rose?

I might take it, but I'll have to make more space. I left my dead roses in, in case they actually show up next year. If not, out they come. I planted my new daylilies between them.

I planted all my finds, finally. Hyrandgea with a daisy, monkshood, drumstick primulas, an echinacea and some daylilies, my new rose, the four asparagus I bought, a couple of begonias and a rudbeckia. Oh and some iris I had - some even from the spring sales (couldn't figure out where to put them) and some mums.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Come over tomorrow and take a look. Hard to describe, it is better to see it. :D
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'll try to swing by!

After the initial rush of *whee* planting, I find myself a little . . . let down? Now all I have left is to tackle a very overgrown garden bed and thin out my borage.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

After over ten years of fooling around, sourcing out the right variety, not surviving the cold, finding the right location

for the seemingly fussy plants we've got flowers on our wisteria vines!!!

Funny thing is, I've got friends in the southern US that consider it almost a weed cause it grows so prolifically

in some regions down there...they think I'm a little bat poop crazy for wanting it here...lol.

Now that it's established it is kinda scary how fast it grows. Lol
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I suspected you need wide open space for a Wisteria. Don't they lift entire fences if they are left to their own devices?

I got something done out there, can't say what. What is it about being outdoors that time flies and you have no idea what you did?

I got flowers cut down, the blue Salvia is seeding out so I cut a lot of that off. Got weeds out. Clipped old roses down.

And Slootman, the rose I told you about how it came from a Mother's Day container, well, it's blooming as a clear orange right now.

Lady t, come on over, I don't think we are going any where today. I need one of those days. What time do you get off work? Late this time?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Slootman - you have to see QK's orange rose - it's like a sunset. I adore it! You'll love it too :)

Thanks for the tour QK, and waiting for me to arrive so late. It was a much needed rest in my day :130:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And so brief, I know you are stressed to the max these days. So nice to see you again.

Yes, Slootman, if you're not busy tomorrow after work or Thursday, let me know.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ok I fabriced and gravel ed in my grape hedge . Fabrics and gravel ed the roses . And added a small fountain built largely from old broken concrete and fountain pieces that were litter piles around my yard .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “Creative Endeavours”