Shop talk

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Shop talk

Post by TreeGuy »

If you are buying new and saddling yourself with monthly payments ask yourself if you are ready for that kind of committment.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

TreeGuy wrote:If you are buying new and saddling yourself with monthly payments ask yourself if you are ready for that kind of committment.

Already making the payments. On the wrecked 2016. Finally almost paid. Time to get a decent truck before snow
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Agreed. Winter is coming.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I've pledged never to buy a new vehicle again. Lots of well cared for used vehicles out there. If I buy something I buy it using my HELOC (LOL) and make a plan to pay it off within a year.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

TreeGuy wrote:I've pledged never to buy a new vehicle again. Lots of well cared for used vehicles out there. If I buy something I buy it using my HELOC (LOL) and make a plan to pay it off within a year.

Its got 4500 km on it it is used
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

That is great, someone else absorbed a bunch of the depreciation.

From Carfax website:

1. Depreciation Starts The Moment You Drive Off The Lot
The minute a person drives a new car off the lot it loses approximately 10 percent of its value. By the end of the first year, that car will lose an additional 10 percent on average.

But this number is not fixed. Cars with less brand-name appeal and few options can be hit much harder, depreciating by as much as 50 percent in some cases. So when you buy a car that’s less than two years old, be sure to know how much it has decreased in value.

Don’t be fooled into thinking depreciation slows much after the first year. The fact is, new cars continue to lose value for four more years, averaging a decline of 15-25 percent per year. On average, a new car will lose 60 percent of its total value over the first five years of its life.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

TreeGuy wrote:That is great, someone else absorbed a bunch of the depreciation.

From Carfax website:

1. Depreciation Starts The Moment You Drive Off The Lot
The minute a person drives a new car off the lot it loses approximately 10 percent of its value. By the end of the first year, that car will lose an additional 10 percent on average.

But this number is not fixed. Cars with less brand-name appeal and few options can be hit much harder, depreciating by as much as 50 percent in some cases. So when you buy a car that’s less than two years old, be sure to know how much it has decreased in value.

Don’t be fooled into thinking depreciation slows much after the first year. The fact is, new cars continue to lose value for four more years, averaging a decline of 15-25 percent per year. On average, a new car will lose 60 percent of its total value over the first five years of its life.

Ya terrible investment i get it . At the end of the day. It makes no sense to spend 100 an hr to fix the old flat deck. Better to put that into a new one. Take big truck off the road. Fix it myself. On the cheap. Then ill have a driver and a work truck.

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Getting a 2015. Loaded up. Beauty truck.

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Today i went over the top.
Attachments
20181107_182755-600x800.jpg

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:130: and in my personal favourite colour! :heart: I love it! Who cares what's under the hood. :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Nice ride, great colour. Well done.
Bring back the LIKE button.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Same colour as my own....Good on ya....
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

dirtybiker wrote:Same colour as my own....Good on ya....

Apparently GM only made that colour for 2 years

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And you've nicknamed you new ride "Princess"?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Queen K wrote:And you've nicknamed you new ride "Princess"?

Its a princess truck. Has a leather dash. Heated steering wheel. Cooled and heated seats. Stupid options. Some cool ones too. Z71. 327. Allison transmission. The good stuff

Return to “Creative Endeavours”