Dashcam

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.

Dashcam

Postby Ken7 » Dec 25th, 2017, 11:17 am

Santa brought me a new toy, a Dash Cam.

Thinkware X330 Dashcam. Wondering anyone else have one of this make and model and what are your thoughts?

Any other cam users post on what your thoughts are.

gsc likes this post.
User avatar
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 6846
Likes: 3993 posts
Liked in: 2879 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Re: Dashcam

Postby Bsuds » Dec 25th, 2017, 11:19 am

I have had one for a few years (different than yours) and it seems to work well enough. Luckily I have not "needed" it.
A Wise Man once said...Nothing!

Ken7 likes this post.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 43130
Likes: 8943 posts
Liked in: 11347 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:46 am

Re: Dashcam

Postby vegas1500 » Dec 25th, 2017, 12:03 pm

Have a blackvue 650 2 channel (front and rear). Love it. Has got me some great clips and hope I never need it but for the price it may come in handy some day.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
vegas1500
√úbergod
 
Posts: 1285
Likes: 3753 posts
Liked in: 1724 posts
Joined: Aug 4th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Re: Dashcam

Postby gsc » Jan 2nd, 2018, 12:50 pm

I normally have a GoPro hero session on the dash as it's really small. I would love to hear how yours works. I wouldn't mind getting an actual dash cam.

Ken7 likes this post.
User avatar
gsc
Board Meister
 
Posts: 500
Likes: 746 posts
Liked in: 427 posts
Joined: Nov 28th, 2010, 9:06 pm
Location: Kelowna B.C.

Re: Dashcam

Postby Ken7 » Jan 2nd, 2018, 9:17 pm

gsc wrote:I normally have a GoPro hero session on the dash as it's really small. I would love to hear how yours works. I wouldn't mind getting an actual dash cam.


I've not mounted it yet, although as soon as I try it I'll try and remember to post a review.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 6846
Likes: 3993 posts
Liked in: 2879 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Re: Dashcam

Postby Even Steven » Jan 2nd, 2018, 10:05 pm

vegas1500 wrote:Have a blackvue 650 2 channel (front and rear). Love it. Has got me some great clips and hope I never need it but for the price it may come in handy some day.


I checked them out and were very nice but pricey.

Did you hardwire them?
Even Steven
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2877
Likes: 190 posts
Liked in: 2090 posts
Joined: Mar 24th, 2015, 6:20 pm

Re: Dashcam

Postby Ken7 » Jan 10th, 2018, 1:04 pm

OK so I finally got my Dash cam installed and took it for a test drive.

Thinkware X330 in my truck.

I had to laugh while cruising down Bernard Street, City Transit bus, no stopping them I guess red lights don't apply.

At 11:35 am, I'm stopped at St.Paul and solid red and the bus goes east up the road.

Summary, the loops are one minute loops and yes I saved that one. While viewing you can fast forward or skip loops to the incident you want to save. Simple to use, as if the incident was in say loop 8, you view it and then there is a Icon where you click and save.

Clarity of the video, I was surprised, very good. There is a option where you can zoom in. If you are say stopped behind a vehicle and you want the license plate, zoom and you have it. The owners manual, little light does not go into depth about all the options, more about installation and hiding your power wire etc.

Went to Youtube and viewed several videos on the topic and there are a lot. I think it would be a good investment, as it will possibly cover you butt say a intersection accident, or someone backing into you etc.

Just my views on it.

gsc likes this post.
User avatar
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 6846
Likes: 3993 posts
Liked in: 2879 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Re: Dashcam

Postby gsc » Jan 10th, 2018, 9:58 pm

That's awesome I'm glad it works well for you. I am still looking around for one. I'm still useing my go pro for now
User avatar
gsc
Board Meister
 
Posts: 500
Likes: 746 posts
Liked in: 427 posts
Joined: Nov 28th, 2010, 9:06 pm
Location: Kelowna B.C.

Re: Dashcam

Postby Ken7 » Jan 10th, 2018, 10:23 pm

gsc wrote:That's awesome I'm glad it works well for you. I am still looking around for one. I'm still useing my go pro for now


Cookson Motors have the following on sale for like $65.00 for the next month. Regular $135.00 or so. A friend of mine just bought. Youtube it and see what you think good price.

http://www.panasonic.com.tw/caraudio_e/ ... CY-VRP110T

dirtybiker likes this post.
User avatar
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 6846
Likes: 3993 posts
Liked in: 2879 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Re: Dashcam

Postby gsc » Jan 10th, 2018, 10:56 pm

Ken7 wrote:
gsc wrote:That's awesome I'm glad it works well for you. I am still looking around for one. I'm still useing my go pro for now


Cookson Motors have the following on sale for like $65.00 for the next month. Regular $135.00 or so. A friend of mine just bought. Youtube it and see what you think good price.

http://www.panasonic.com.tw/caraudio_e/ ... CY-VRP110T


I might go have a look tomorrow at them. At $65 that's not to bad on the wallet either

Ken7 likes this post.
User avatar
gsc
Board Meister
 
Posts: 500
Likes: 746 posts
Liked in: 427 posts
Joined: Nov 28th, 2010, 9:06 pm
Location: Kelowna B.C.


Return to Creative Endeavours

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests