Gardening 2018

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Gardening 2018

Post by Lady tehMa »

Queen K wrote:What kind of mulch? I've got tonnes of wood chips/bark.

Whatever you offer, I will take! My friend with the trailer is out of town right now - pm me or fb message me and we'll arrange pickup :D

I have tons of weeds and work to do. Good thing son is willing to help me.

My garlic is going well, as are my lettuces and radishes
greens & garlic.jpg
I haven't failed until I quit.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

[quote="Jflem1983"]Gonna grow some more ginger this year. Have had asparagus growimg on a window sill for 2 years. This being the third year i will plant them outside. Planted some garlic before it snowed.
Gonna grow another jalepeno crop.

Been eating home made hot sauce for 3 months already. So easy. So tasty.

Ok Jflem, wanna share your hot sauce recipe with us?

Mine is pretty good, not overly hot, but always open to improvements. :D
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

40 or so jalepenos. White vinegar. Salt garlic and onion. Thats it. Red jalepenos are hotter so i tend to let em ripen
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, but proportions and technique. You're like the mother-in-law who gives her daughter in-law the recipe, with one ingredient left out.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Red vs Green Jalapeno
https://www.pepperscale.com/red-jalapen ... -jalapeno/

Check out the recipe section for hot sauces.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Queen K wrote:Yes, but proportions and technique. You're like the mother-in-law who gives her daughter in-law the recipe, with one ingredient left out.

Teaspoon of salt. Whole onion. Half a garlic or so. Just enough vinegar to get it all to blend in the blender.
Boil this mash for a few minutes. Set up a pot of water for canning. Can as u would anything else. Use less garlic and onion with more peppers to increase heat
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We've made our own sauce for years, I was hoping you had a new twist. Good.

So the rain is good for us gardeners, but not those being flooded out in Summerland, Trout Creek etc. Bulman Road and others. :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Homemade Bottled Mexican Hot Sauce using fresh green or red jalapeño peppers

https://www.thespruceeats.com/how-to-ma ... &utm_term=
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^

Had a look and almost swooned. They mention chicarronne.... and the aroma, crunchiness and great flavor of pork rinds with a layer of pork meat attached came flooding back. Beautiful Costa Rican town, San Isidro, wandering the streets shopping for this and that, and then, the smell of chicaronne bubbling in a huge black pot on a street corner. For $1.00 USD, 15 years ago, you got a paper bag with at least 6 oz of this delight; throw in a bit of salt and find a place to sit and enjoy. Nothing comes close here where we have pork in name only.

Now, hot sauce. Great fun.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Something has been eating in our veggie garden :cuss:

We got a sprinkler sensor that goes off if anyone or thing is in the garden. FYI it's also goes off when I go into the green house. :200:
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Does anyone know where in Vernon to find Black Krim tomato plants.?

Unknown
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I like that the valley smells of apple blossoms right now.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

Catsumi wrote:Does anyone know where in Vernon to find Black Krim tomato plants.?

I planted mine from seed this year.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

WeatherWoman wrote:Something has been eating in our veggie garden :cuss:

I checked my trap after being away fro 3 days and got one of the little *bleep*! :up:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pbear »

Went to Sunshine Farm today for their plant sale. Lots of unique tomatoes and peppers. They are open to the public tomorrow from 10 to 4. It was just great to snoop at all the varieties I had never heard of. I bought a super tall zinnia pack that will fill in a trouble spot perfectly. Also bought multicolour carrot and gold beet seeds.
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”