Gardening 2018

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.

Re: Gardening 2018

Postby Catsumi » Oct 9th, 2018, 4:59 pm

Is this tree trunk and root system becoming an obsession?

If so, dial 1-800-whi-mper

For a small fee, we can help you reduce anxieties with soothing mantras and such.

:biggrin:

Visa, MasterCard, Amex and cash accepted.
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2868 posts

Postby Queen K » Oct 9th, 2018, 8:59 pm

I don't know what I'm going to swing my ax at once it's all done.

Got trees or roots? I need to keep up the weight loss.

As for the rest of the garden, it is now time to plant garlic if you have not already. We've got thirty planted and I am going to plant more. Just could not bring myself to pull a cherry tomato out yet to make the room.
Could it be that a whole life can shift the day one starts telling the truth about what makes one happy?

Lady tehMa likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13509 posts

Postby Lady tehMa » Oct 28th, 2018, 7:47 am

Planning and putting plans into motion.

Years ago I had put a couple of arches of weld mesh over one of my side yards, to train up grapes and a climbing rose. It worked well, for a few years. Then two years ago, the plants because heavy enough that during the winter the arches would collapse.

Yesterday I spent a fair amount of time trimming back a live rose to bare cane, then digging it out. I feel bad about it, but it had gone wild and was sending out crazy canes. Plus, was so wrapped up in the wire that if I wanted the wire out, there was no option. There was a dead rose beside, a transplant that had failed.

I am planning on putting some posts in (yikes but cedar is expensive! But with food plants in the vicinity, can't take the chance on treated lumber) and making an arbour for the grapes to hang on. I need to get even just the one cross beam across before winter hits. It took me an hour to untangle the one grape-vine.

I'm hopeful to get this done before the snow flies. But, we'll see.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.

Catsumi likes this post.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4016 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 12th, 2018, 4:35 pm

Frozen toes and fingers, lots accomplished in the garden for Fall clean up.

Raking, sorting, bringing in ornaments, pulling weeds.

Speaking of weeds, anyone who thinks the root systems of them aren't active right now has another thing coming. Don't wait til Spring clean up for pulling if you can do it now. I've removed handfuls of active root systems today on several plant species, including yarrow, violets, Lambs Ears and succlents of various types. Taken out now, I've less to worry about later, right?

One would assume so anyways.

I've got bulging compost bins, all active with steam rising. And tonnes of compost to distribute from the last year.

Lots of plans dancing in my head for enlarging my living space and reducing active yard. It's all part of the plan to cut back and not have to sell and move.

:biggrin:
Could it be that a whole life can shift the day one starts telling the truth about what makes one happy?

Lady tehMa likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13509 posts

Previous

Return to Creative Endeavours