Crafty things

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

Triple 6 wrote:MV - Good thing, I did a close up of your pics, I thought at 1st they were drowning in the pool.... LOL

What is the pool made of!

A lot of sugar. It's a regular chocolate cake that I made. I hollowed out the middle, decorated it, put blue jellow in the middle, and made little floating devices out of candy. The ladder to the slide is After Eight chocolate mint sticks, with the steps made out of licorice rope. It's held on with melted chocolate.
I bought everything in bulk, meaning there were many leftover ingredients for me to enjoy.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I had to take an extra shot of insulin just to look at all those cakes!
Great stuff, you guys are way too talented! :smt023
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Puppycake
Board Meister

Post by Puppycake »

mechanic_virus wrote:
Triple 6 wrote:MV - Good thing, I did a close up of your pics, I thought at 1st they were drowning in the pool.... LOL

A lot of sugar. It's a regular chocolate cake that I made. I hollowed out the middle, decorated it, put blue jellow in the middle, and made little floating devices out of candy. The ladder to the slide is After Eight chocolate mint sticks, with the steps made out of licorice rope. It's held on with melted chocolate.
I bought everything in bulk, meaning there were many leftover ingredients for me to enjoy.

Very unique! I loved it too! Great job!
GardenMum
Board Meister

Post by GardenMum »

This is just a few things of what i do! Thanks for looking.

Love all the other stuff that's been posted here too, I scrapbook as well (selling stuff at the garage sale for those scrappers out there)
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Kmom of 2! Love the Kitty & Christmas Tree one!
GardenMum
Board Meister

Post by GardenMum »

Thanks, it was a quick stitch...weekender I think!
Gordian Knot
Übergod

Post by Gordian Knot »

I'm trying to find a picture of a wedding cake i did for my brother in law, but until then, here's pictures of the nursery I did for my son a couple years back.

A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.
-- Mary Mason
dandynick5
Guru

Post by dandynick5 »

mechanic_virus wrote:

My wife made wedding cakes for my nieces a few years back. Four tiers alternating chocolate and vanilla. Each cake took a total of 20 pounds of butter! The layers sat right on each other and were heavy enough to require thick straws to support the layer. As you ate it, you could feel your arteries hardening! But it was soooooo good!
This signature may be a forgery.
Bottled_Rain
Board Meister

Post by Bottled_Rain »

Last edited by Bottled_Rain on Oct 8th, 2007, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bottled_Rain
Board Meister

Re: Crafty things

Post by Bottled_Rain »

Paige-* wrote:Here are some crafty and random things that I've done! Post things that you've made, too!

Here's a hooded sweater that my friend sewed, and I stenciled the wings on the back of it:

This is a wallet that I made out of a magazine and packing tape:

A shirt I stenciled with Edward Scissorhands on it:

A hemp and shell necklace:

That's all for now! What have you made?

Love the Edward Scissorhands. Do you sell any of your stuff?
Gordian Knot
Übergod

Post by Gordian Knot »

Ah ha! Finally found those pictures of the one and only wedding cake I made. Spent quite a bit of time on it for my brother in law and his to be wife, but she didn't turn out so well, so now I definitely wish I hadn't wasted my time on it. But, it did turn out lovely.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j243/amberlori/ckwedwknd443.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j243/amberlori/ckwedwknd442.jpg
A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.
-- Mary Mason
Fleshfailures
Board Meister

Post by Fleshfailures »

Bottled_Rain, I sometimes sell my stuff. Usually people at school will ask me to stencil a shirt for them, or make them a necklace and I'll do it for $5-$10 depending on how long it will take me to do it.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Gordian Knot wrote:Ah ha! Finally found those pictures of the one and only wedding cake I made. Spent quite a bit of time on it for my brother in law and his to be wife, but she didn't turn out so well, so now I definitely wish I hadn't wasted my time on it. But, it did turn out lovely.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j243/amberlori/ckwedwknd443.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j243/amberlori/ckwedwknd442.jpg

Gorgeous GK! Too bad about the bride... :12077:
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

You are a very creative person. I couldn't think up anything like those. :124:
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”