NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Re: NFL

Post by Danielson99 »

GordonH wrote:No one is forcing you to watch CFL.

You don't even know me, how could you assume that? When I'm hanging out with buddies and they want to watch the Lions play, guess what I'm forced to watch? What are you gonna say next....I could just leave? whatever.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Well then have beer (or the drink of choice) & enjoy the get to gather with your buddies, and to hell with whats on the TV.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

AFC
1) New England Patriots ACE 8-2
2) Denver Broncos ACW 7-3
3) Cincinnati Bengals ACN 6-3-1
4) Indianapolis Colts ACS 6-4
5) Pittsburgh Steelers ACN 7-4
6) Kansas City Chiefs ACW 7-4

Still with a chance:
7) Miami Dolphins ACE 6-4
8) San Diego Chargers ACW 6-4
9) Baltimore Ravens ACN 6-4
10) Cleveland Browns ACN 6-4

NFC
1) Arizona Cardinals NCW 9-1
2) Detroit Lions NCN 7-3
3) Philadelphia Eagles NCE 7-3
4) Atlanta Falcons NCS 4-6
5) Green Bay Packers NCN 7-3
6) Dallas Cowboys NCE 7-3

Still with a chance
7) San Francisco 49ers NCW 6-4
8) Seattle Seahawks NCW 6-4
9) New Orleans Saints NCS 4-6

As I see it only 2 teams are pretty secure of play-offs right now:
New England & Arizona
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

After stumbling out of the gate the Patriots have certainly put it together gain. They will be tough. I'm happy to see the Cowboys doing so well, but unfortunately they have a tendency to choke when it counts. And how about Arizona?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

steven lloyd wrote:After stumbling out of the gate the Patriots have certainly put it together gain. They will be tough. I'm happy to see the Cowboys doing so well, but unfortunately they have a tendency to choke when it counts. And how about Arizona?

Exactly Steven, today I seen my team for first time this season look like the Seahawks of last year nailing Arizona.

If this is any idea whats to come from Seattle in remaining games then NFC West could be very interesting in next 5 weeks.

Arizona
Seattle
SF
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

SeaHawks beat SF by the same score as pervious week against Arizona, 19 to 3.

Week 14 games could make it get very interesting in the NFC West:

Seahawks @ Eagles

Chiefs @ Cardinals

Added: NFC South sucks
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

He won his appeal, I suspect no team in the league will calling him. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11949 ... nstatement
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

GordonH wrote:He won his appeal, I suspect no team in the league will calling him. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11949 ... nstatement

I guarantee you that a team will be calling Ray Rice although I don't think he will be playing this year as it would just bring too much bad publicity to any team. Signing him this year to play next year makes alot of sense though and you can be sure that someone like Indianapolis or Denver will be doing just that.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Whatever since seeing his actions in the elevator against his Fiancee, if a team wants that type of a person so be it.

Wonder how the Eagles & Jets doing with their pick-up of a questionable player.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Whatever since seeing his actions in the elevator against his Fiancee, if a team wants that type of a person so be it.

Wonder how the Eagles & Jets doing with their pick-up of a questionable player.

If you are worried about 'questionable' players being in the NFL then you'd probably need to remove well over half of the players in the league to clean it up. These guys are woman beaters, gun packing drug dealers, drug addicts, racists, bullies, murderers and rapists to just name a few. Guys like Ray Rice are on every single team in the NFL. Does that mean we shouldn't cheer for or watch them play?

My opinion is that Roger Goodell could have had a very clean NFL if he did not tolerate these criminals in his league in the first place. However, Roger Goodell has a mandate which is to make as much money for himself and the league as possible. Seriously, did you ever see how much Goodell made this year?? I really do enjoy the NFL but it comes at a cost. I would have no problem seeing all of these criminals being booted out of football for good. Clean it up and gain some respect that the league has been lacking since Goodell took charge. Get rid of Goodell for starters....but sadly, for that to happen it would take the owners to vote him out. These guys are making way too much money having Roger in their back pocket to get rid of him.

When Sunday morning rolls around, I just can't help myself. I love the game and enjoy watching the hardcore style of football the NFL delivers. The only way to clean that league up is to get rid of the guy running it. Until that happens I'll keep watching....but I'm not exactly proud of it.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Wow the Saints get blowing out by who.... Panthers NFC south continues to have really bad season.

49er's if they get act back they will be going down to..... ouch 1 & 11 Raiders.

Seahawks are beating Philly 9 minute to go in 4th
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

5 key games in week 15:

Cardinals @ Rams
Cowboys @ Eagles
49ers @ Seahawks
Packers @ Bills
Dolphins @ Patriots

I have to admit I would be LOL if Dolphins upset Patriots.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Johnny Manziel NFL debut fell short, not even 1 point.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Johnny Manziel NFL debut fell short, not even 1 point.

love it,the guy is a punk
if he is going to talk the talk,he better walk the walk,i hope he starts the last two games of the season and plays just as bad as he did, last week
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

the truth wrote:love it,the guy is a punk
if he is going to talk the talk,he better walk the walk,i hope he starts the last two games of the season and plays just as bad as he did, last week

I totally agree. I want to see him fail badly. He has no respect for his teammates, the owner or the fans, or for that matter...the game of football.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”