Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by Danielson99 »

GordonH wrote:(minor disadvantage to Calgary with 5 games remaining after tonight)

Minor disadvantage goes to LA not Calgary. Even if LA wins their game in hand they are still 1 pt behind Calgary.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:(minor disadvantage to Calgary with 5 games remaining after tonight)

Danielson99 wrote:Minor disadvantage goes to LA not Calgary. Even if LA wins their game in hand they are still 1 pt behind Calgary.

Calgary's remaining games are: St Louis, Edmonton, Arizona, LA & Winnipeg
Los Angeles remaining games are: Edmonton, Colorado, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary & San Jose
Vancouver remaining games are: Nashville, Chicago, Winnipeg, LA, Arizona & Winnipeg

As I see it:
LA has the easiest
Calgary is next
Vancouver has the most difficult

Based on that Canucks could be odd team out, unfortunately. Anything can happen at this time of the year.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

You should throw in Winterpeg into the mix because whoever is last between Van, Calgary, and LA will be fighting the Jets for the last playoff spot:

Winnipeg: NYR, Van, Min, StL, Col, Calg

Remember that in the event of a tie at the end of the regular season, Winnipeg loses every time because they have fewer non-shootout wins. LA loses among Pacific division teams. Winnipeg has few ROW (regulation and overtime wins) than San Jose and Dallas.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Winnipeg has 39 regulation wins meanwhile LA, Dallas & San Jose have 37 each.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

GordonH wrote:Winnipeg has 39 regulation wins meanwhile LA, Dallas & San Jose have 37 each.

Regulation wins don't count. It is regulation and overtime wins (ROW).

Montreal = 41
Vancouver = 40
Calgary = 38
LA = 35
Winnipeg = 32
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Winnipeg has 39 regulation wins meanwhile LA, Dallas & San Jose have 37 each.

Glacier wrote:Regulation wins don't count. It is regulation and overtime wins (ROW).

Montreal = 41
Vancouver = 40
Calgary = 38
LA = 35
Winnipeg = 32

Okay, it is rare occurrence only 4 in past 20 play-off's.
Until the end of regular season GIH is the main tie breaker.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

GordonH wrote:As I see it:
LA has the easiest
Calgary is next
Vancouver has the most difficult

Based on that Canucks could be odd team out, unfortunately. Anything can happen at this time of the year.

This is pro sport. You can look at a schedule all you want and think some games are easier than others. The fact is, at the end of a season really good teams lose to the worst teams in the league with regularity. Pressure is an equalizing factor. Do you really think Calgary is going to have an easy time playing Edmonton late in the season? Think again....

The ONLY reason I would call a teams schedule easier is if they have more home games than road games because in reality, teams basically always win more at home. It also makes it easier because you're at home and not living in a hotel somewhere.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

However it plays out, it's getting exciting. I have taken to standing up and watching the games paly. I am way to involved from a yelling at the screen standpoint.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Canucks pretty much guarantee playoffs with that win.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Thinktank wrote:Canucks pretty much guarantee playoffs with that win.

LA still has a chance of knocking either Calgary or Vancouver out top 3 in Pacific division. If Vancouver is knockout of top 3 in their division only team could knock them out of wildcard is Winnipeg. Based on numbers

Next few games will answer any questions
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

GordonH wrote:LA still has a chance of knocking either Calgary or Vancouver out top 3 in Pacific division. If Vancouver is knockout of top 3 in their division only team could knock them out of wildcard is Winnipeg. Based on numbers

Next few games will answer any questions

LA can't knock the Canucks out of the top 3, they can only knock Calgary out. I would bet huge money that LA and Calgary both make the playoffs this year. Winnipeg will be going no further once dustin byfuglien is suspended for that cross check he gave tonight.

Calgary will be playing Anaheim in the first round. Nashville will be playing Minnesota. St Louis vs LA and Vancouver vs Chicago. Obviously Chicago and St Louis could change places but you can all but guarantee that Winnipeg will not be making the playoffs.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Danielson99 wrote:This is pro sport. You can look at a schedule all you want and think some games are easier than others. The fact is, at the end of a season really good teams lose to the worst teams in the league with regularity. Pressure is an equalizing factor. Do you really think Calgary is going to have an easy time playing Edmonton late in the season? Think again....

The ONLY reason I would call a teams schedule easier is if they have more home games than road games because in reality, teams basically always win more at home. It also makes it easier because you're at home and not living in a hotel somewhere.

Think again. The Canucks play better on the road than at home. Just look at their record.
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Danielson99 wrote:Calgary will be playing Anaheim in the first round. Nashville will be playing Minnesota. St Louis vs LA and Vancouver vs Chicago. Obviously Chicago and St Louis could change places but you can all but guarantee that Winnipeg will not be making the playoffs.

You may want to re-check the current play-off format:
Top team in Conference plays worst team in wildcard spot
Top team in the other division plays other wildcard team
#2 & 3 in the 2 divisions play each other, as an example based on current standings in Pacific division:
Winnipeg @ Anaheim
Calgary @ Vancouver

Added later: its doubtful Vancouver will be knocked out of top 3, since they are 7 points up on LA. Its between LA & Calgary who ends up in top 3.
Last edited by GordonH on Mar 31st, 2015, 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

GordonH wrote:You may want to re-check the current play-off format:
Top team in Conference plays worst team in wildcard spot
Top team in the other division plays other wildcard team
#2 & 3 in the 2 divisions play each other, as an example based on current standings in Pacific division:
Winnipeg @ Anaheim
Calgary @ Vancouver

Right, which is why Anaheim will play Calgary and Nashville will play Minnesota like I said. Vancouver vs LA and St Louis Chicago ....but like I said, they might end up switching places which will only change home ice.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Re-read your post I quote.
#2 & 3 within there own division play each other, not outside of there division.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”