NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NFL

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:How many of you believe Tom Brady has a hurt hand? I'm not buying it.

I will believe the moment I see him unable to throw/toss to Gronk
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

when is the super bore?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Feb. 4th.

nfl.png
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

alfred2 wrote:when is the super bore?

Who cares?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Bsuds wrote:

Who cares?

Over 100M people care. 25-30 times more than watch the Stanley Cup finals.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

For those who are interested:
Super Bowl LII
Sun., Feb. 4, 3:30 p.m (PST) at U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota

I enjoy watching many sports, some only during their playoffs i.e MLB, MLS (since it's like watching paint dry in regular season)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

averagejoe wrote:Image

Are you looking forward to the Las Vegas Raiders
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

GordonH wrote:Are you looking forward to the Las Vegas Raiders

Yes and no? Mixed feelings. I go to one game a year down in Oakland. Make it a weekend in the Bay area. Lots of fun! Catch a College game usually on the Friday night. After the last game in Oct we went into Frisco for seafood and Coach Del Rio was in the restaurant just a couple of tables from us....what are the odds for that happening.
Have our names in for Vegas season tickets.....we'll see.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

ferri wrote:My predictions:

I think the Jaguars could beat the Patriots if they could stop being jerks and just concentrate on football. Unfortunately I don't think they can do that so I think the Patriots will win. :-X

The Eagles will wear the Vikings out.

Superbowl= Patriots vs Eagles

But I could be wrong. [icon_lol2.gif]

I wouldn't bet against your predictions. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if Jacksonville upsets the Patriots. An upset would make me very happy as well! :D

As for the Vikings and the Eagles it seems like a toss-up but I'm thinking that Minnesota might just have the edge given the Eagles' struggles late in the season. We'll see. It's not the same without Seattle in there but I'll be watching!
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Bsuds wrote:

Who cares?

I think any of the many millions all over the world who saw last year's amazing game will be tuning in to this one. Most of us are already watching the play-offs and they have been great so far this year. Can hardly wait to see tomorrow's games.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Should the Patriots make it to the Superbowl (again), I think the Vikings have a better chance of beating them than the Eagles, so I’ll be cheering for the Vikings. I think the team that has the best chance of beating the Patriots is the Jaguars, so I’ll be jumping up and down and screaming (in my head) cheering them on. The Jaguars showed a strong offence against the Steelers and might have the offensive firepower to keep up with Brady. Going out on a limb and predicting it is going to be the game of the day. I would further predict the Jaguars to win the Superbowl if they can get past the Patriots.

Next year? Well, there are some of us out here hoping …

stolen from joe
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Are you looking forward to the Las Vegas Raiders

averagejoe wrote:Yes and no? Mixed feelings. I go to one game a year down in Oakland. Make it a weekend in the Bay area. Lots of fun! Catch a College game usually on the Friday night. After the last game in Oct we went into Frisco for seafood and Coach Del Rio was in the restaurant just a couple of tables from us....what are the odds for that happening.
Have our names in for Vegas season tickets.....we'll see.

Since I'm not a gambling type & I'm also not a big Celine Dion fan, only site I would be interested in besides live football (maybe even Golden Knights) is the Hoover Dam.
Bay area if nothing else has an ocean view & watching ships come & go under Golden Gate Bridge, I could do this longer then looking at dam.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Ka-El wrote:Next year? Well, there are some of us out here hoping …

stolen from joe

If not next season, then most certainly there first season in Vegas the Raiders will be the team to beat. Their talent is coming on real well with healthy QB..... Super Bowl bound they are.

Added: they should win another Super Bowl before Buffalo wins there first, sorry Bills fans.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

For all those football junkies, 12 noon to about 6:30/7pm is booked off. First up Jacksonville vs New England.
Interesting report out of Foxborough Brady has 4 stitches on his hand.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”