51807
50771

NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Re: NHL

Postby JayByrd » Dec 15th, 2017, 7:16 am

johnny24 wrote:
NHL attendance figures are a joke. Detroit apparently has been 100% full for the season. Anyone watching their games can see the building is no where close to being full. Empty seats everywhere. I don't think Florida has been 73% full for any of their games. I'd be surprised if they get 3,000 most nights. Free ticket giveaways should not be included in attendance, but I suspect they are being included.


My understanding in Detroit, and I've heard this from more than one source, is that the concourse in their new building is so spacious, with so many food options and big screens, that people are finding it unnecessary to go to their seats. So there are several thousand people on the concourse at any given time.
God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes
'cause then you really might know what it's like to sing the blues.
User avatar
JayByrd
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2989
Likes: 562 posts
Liked in: 1120 posts
Joined: Aug 14th, 2006, 1:50 pm

Re: NHL

Postby Bsuds » Dec 15th, 2017, 7:42 am

JayByrd wrote:
My understanding in Detroit, and I've heard this from more than one source, is that the concourse in their new building is so spacious, with so many food options and big screens, that people are finding it unnecessary to go to their seats. So there are several thousand people on the concourse at any given time.


As well as season ticket holders who don't go to the games for whatever reason. Some will only go to games against the "better" teams.
Nowadays it's almost rude to ask a question without Googling it first!
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 41602
Likes: 7704 posts
Liked in: 9757 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:46 am

Re: NHL

Postby lesliepaul » Feb 2nd, 2018, 11:43 am

Watched the highlights of the Winnipeg Jets and Vegas Knights last night.............the ref's in this game leave a lot to be desired. The Jets goalie (Hellabucyk) while on his knees in the crease gets slashed across the lower part of his mask with the Vegas player BREAKING his sick doing this. Puck trickles loose and is knocked into the net..........GOAL!!! After a review you would think "no goal, penalty for slashing". Goal stands.......W.T.F.? Open season on goalies now I guess.

Maybe these are instructions from Bettman to the ref's..........make sure everything goes in Vegas's favour!
lesliepaul
Übergod
 
Posts: 1038
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 813 posts
Joined: Aug 7th, 2011, 12:56 pm

Re: NHL

Postby GordonH » Feb 2nd, 2018, 11:57 am

lesliepaul wrote:Watched the highlights of the Winnipeg Jets and Vegas Knights last night.............the ref's in this game leave a lot to be desired. The Jets goalie (Hellabucyk) while on his knees in the crease gets slashed across the lower part of his mask with the Vegas player BREAKING his sick doing this. Puck trickles loose and is knocked into the net..........GOAL!!! After a review you would think "no goal, penalty for slashing". Goal stands.......W.T.F.? Open season on goalies now I guess.

Maybe these are instructions from Bettman to the ref's..........make sure everything goes in Vegas's favour!

impo goalie interference no question (plus a slashing penalty), terrible call by the ref.
As I see it goalie interference should be taken out of the hands of the referees & be reviewed back in Toronto.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19083
Likes: 2006 posts
Liked in: 6387 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 6:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: NHL

Postby GordonH » Feb 13th, 2018, 7:01 pm

Dion Phaneuf is gone from Ottawa, he is now LA King, Marián Gáborík is now a Ottawa Senator.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19083
Likes: 2006 posts
Liked in: 6387 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 6:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: NHL

Postby the truth » Feb 13th, 2018, 7:26 pm

GordonH wrote:Dion Phaneuf is gone from Ottawa, he is now LA King, Marián Gáborík is now a Ottawa Senator.


phaneuf is a slug imo
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13345
Likes: 8132 posts
Liked in: 4824 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: NHL

Postby GordonH » Feb 13th, 2018, 7:42 pm

GordonH wrote:Dion Phaneuf is gone from Ottawa, he is now LA King, Marián Gáborík is now a Ottawa Senator.

the truth wrote:phaneuf is a slug imo


His first 4 year in Calgary he was above average, today he is not worth the 7 mil contact.
Hopefully that changes in LA.... did not work in either Toronto or Ottawa.

the truth likes this post.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19083
Likes: 2006 posts
Liked in: 6387 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 6:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: NHL

Postby GordonH » Feb 14th, 2018, 6:44 pm

2018 NHL Trade Deadline will be happening Monday, February 26

As posted yesterday first of many trades to come I'm sure
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19083
Likes: 2006 posts
Liked in: 6387 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 6:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Previous

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest