Men's Winter Olympic Hockey

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Men's Winter Olympic Hockey

Post by Poindexter »

Jhunter199 wrote:Should see Canada vs OA from Russia in the final IMO
Czech should take the broze

Hope you're right. Can't wait. :130:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Men's team must keep aware that Germany did surprise Sweden, good way to kill any surprises is to score early & often. In a semifinal game scoring 5 to 10 goals is a good thing.

Added: just a reminder this game is tomorrow morning at 4:10am.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

Wow!!
First the germans defeat Sweden and now this powerhouse german team defeats Team Canada? Who would of thunk it! :200: :biggrin:
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Poindexter wrote:
Jhunter199 wrote:Should see Canada vs OA from Russia in the final IMO
Czech should take the broze

Hope you're right. Can't wait. :130:

Nope I was wrong
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the brule hit to the head on the germany player was big time dirty
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

kelownman wrote:Wow!!
First the germans defeat Sweden and now this powerhouse german team defeats Team Canada? Who would of thunk it! :200: :biggrin:

German team was definitely a sleeper, clue was the game against Sweden was not a fluke.
1 win & 2 loses in preliminary round, now off to Gold medal game
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Men's team won bronze, of course this now begs to question how we do against OAR (we will never know).
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lets of empty seats at all those hockey games, pretty sad
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Great gold medal game! David and Goliath. As we head to OT it's fair to say that win or lose David has held his own!
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Its a surprise for sure
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Urbane wrote:Great gold medal game! David and Goliath. As we head to OT it's fair to say that win or lose David has held his own!

That was a very entertaining game, Germany earned that silver medal ..... they played well enough to win the gold. Congratulations to both teams on their medal wins.

Added later: knowing 2022 is in Beijing & NHL wants to tap that market, they will be back for that one.
Last edited by GordonH on Feb 24th, 2018, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Will sting for Germany now (winning silver medal), but what a run they had. Beating out Sweden and Canada to make it to the Gold Medal game is no small feat.
Life is too sho......
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Great game tonight for sure
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Will sting for Germany now (winning silver medal), but what a run they had. Beating out Sweden and Canada to make it to the Gold Medal game is no small feat.

Well, knowing there previous best was a bronze medal back in the mid 70s.... for them just to make gold medal game was remarkable. Preliminary round they were 1 win & 2 loses
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

GordonH wrote:
jaz301 wrote:Will sting for Germany now (winning silver medal), but what a run they had. Beating out Sweden and Canada to make it to the Gold Medal game is no small feat.

Well, knowing there previous best was a bronze medal back in the mid 70s.... for them just to make gold medal game was remarkable. Preliminary round they were 1 win & 2 loses

I saw a one minute interview yesterday with David Wolf of Germany following their win over Canada. It was giving me real Cool Runnings feels.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”