Kelowna Minor Hockey Investigation>>>

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

:124: :123: :124: :123:
AverageJoe and Wheel, would love to meet you and shake your hands. You are both so right and have put it in a much nicer way than I could have. Again, I :124: :124:
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Thank you MM! They are very kind words. I have been involved for many years in the Kelowna Minor sports scene. When you look at a person who is involved in children's sports you ask one question, are they takers or givers? Takers take for themselves and maybe friends. They use the system to get everything for their child during their "career" with the least amount of effort. Then walk away and blame everyone for failure.
The giver, gives and gives and gives back to the Association. Time after time. The backbone of any organization. They take little or no recognition. They are part of your community. Civic pride! Making better citizens out of our youth. The Minor sport becomes their passion and lifestyle. Life time friends are made during this time. This the way I look at youth sports. Health and fun! And maybe a possible paycheck when they get older.
By the way, over the last few years. I have been thinking of nominating Mr. Don Evans for the Bob Giordano Memorial Award. This is awarded to a Kelowna citizen who contibuted significantly through voluntary service to amateur sports. I think of all the hassle Mr. Evans has gone through, I'm going to put a committee together to put forth his name in the spring. This way, every person in the Central Okanagan people can read his accomplishments. And there are many. I know because I've been there.
Maybe I should invite Mr. Garcia?
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Let me know if you go ahead with that plan, I for one would gladly help.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Not invite Mr. Garcia but would gladly help with anything that needed to be done.
a_big_pile_of_de

Post by a_big_pile_of_de »

Just want to wish the Kelowna Minor Hockey executive and Corrine WHO, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year down in WHOVille. Good Luck in the New Year with the indictments.

From The Grinch HO Ho HO :smt111
:smt075
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Indictments???????????/

And you know this how?????????????

Funny, haven't heard anything or seen anything about this at all, so I am wondering how you know this
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Ok, this has been left alone for awhile now and I am wondering if anyone out there has heard anything about this supposed investigation and what was the outcome???
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Anyone heard anything on this???

Indictments were mentioned awhile back.........I'm curious to see if any charges or whatever were laid against KMHA.

Also, just a FYI, the nominations are out for those awards you were speaking of Mr. Average Joe
fisherEd

Post by fisherEd »

Anyone heard anything about this in the last little while?

Seems to be if an investigation has or is taking place, there might be something out there by now??????
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Haven't heard a thing, but would like to know what's happening?

Also, average joe, the nomination stuff is out..........do you need help?
Bgone

Re: Kelowna Minor Hockey Investigation>>>

Post by Bgone »

FYI......investigation complete.....no fraud.....no charges !!!!!
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Yahoooooooooo

As expected by anyone that had a clue anyway..........I say a few people should have to apologize publicly for certain comments they made but we all know that will never happen.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Hi maxmom, nice to see your eagerness. Yes of course the investigation went nowhere. Same as my sport. Waste of volunteers time and energies. Bitterness and burnout! I'm going to wait till next year for the Bob Giordano Memorial Award. I talked to Don and of course beening the humble man that he is. Well......you know. I must have his permission. So it will be next year. I had many people who wanted to be on the committee. I'd almost say Don's many friends were lining up to get on board. So stay tuned for next year. I promise you! Averagejoe
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Average Joe,
What do you mean, "same as your sport" waste of time and volunteers.........

On another note, I see in the Cap news on the weekend that they finally did an article on KMHA being cleared and Mr. Garcia has to add something on at the very end about he still has to make a comment totally uncalled for...............I still say from day one of him bringing all this up, it's sour grapes because his son didn't make a team he thought he should have........but that is only just my opinion....
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

MM, I had meant (same as my sport) that a discruntled parent had the RCMP investigate my sport about monies missing too. And nothing was found! These people that got an axe to grind because they think thier child is hard done by. They burn volunteers energies and time. One parent can cause so much trouble. KMHA is run mainly by volunteers (a couple of paid employees). So when things like this happen. Why would people get involved when things like this are so negitive. This should have been kept quiet and not run through the media and become a dog and pony show. Only come out if the RCMP laid charges.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”