Kelowna Minor Hockey Investigation>>>

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
fishfry

Post by fishfry »

Funny, you were done posting.

You say MM is a liar but you don't know who he or she is..(you keep referring to MM as she but you don't know.) you don't really know who it is and why should he/she say who they are. They are allowed to express their opinion, MM continually says their child is not involved with KMHA and is old enough to have a grandchild that could go on this trip. Why do you keep bringing that up? Get over it and figure it out that all MM was doing was getting under your skin and you fell for it.

You stated previously you weren't invited to the meeting but then further on you say an executive member did invite you. Who is the liar?

If you were invited to the meeting by a member of the executive, you should have gone. You should have gone to that meeting and asked your questions.

My question to you. You say it was item number 6 on the agenda. HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? and HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT IT WAS TABLED BECAUSE THEIR IS AN INVESTIGATION ONGOING?

I await your answers as do a few others.
Jerry55

Post by Jerry55 »

fishfry wrote:Funny, you were done posting.

You say MM is a liar but you don't know who he or she is..(you keep referring to MM as she but you don't know.) you don't really know who it is and why should he/she say who they are. They are allowed to express their opinion, MM continually says their child is not involved with KMHA and is old enough to have a grandchild that could go on this trip. Why do you keep bringing that up? Get over it and figure it out that all MM was doing was getting under your skin and you fell for it.

You stated previously you weren't invited to the meeting but then further on you say an executive member did invite you. Who is the liar?

If you were invited to the meeting by a member of the executive, you should have gone. You should have gone to that meeting and asked your questions.

My question to you. You say it was item number 6 on the agenda. HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? and HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT IT WAS TABLED BECAUSE THEIR IS AN INVESTIGATION ONGOING?

MM, is suspiciously knowledgable of KMHA and its members. One can only think she is possibly friends with executive members of KMHA. If you read in previous posts from her she is clearly defending KMHA members.

He has every right to think she is lying. Why doesn't she prove him wrong by explaining that she is not friends with KMHA members so your argument can end?
fishfry

Post by fishfry »

I do believe that she/he said they wouldn't post again until answers were out in the open. She/he also said that at one time son did play for KMHA but sounds like it was quite awhile ago. Maybe she/he wants to defend the executive because in her/his mind, they haven't done anything wrong.
She/he stated that they knew of people that had gone on this trip and also knew how hard they had to work. As well, as the kids chosen are chosen for whatever reason, and that the chaperones that take them must also be reliable and responsible for those kids while they are there.

There are a lot of different people on that executive and I'm sure they all have friends who have friends and when something gets stirred up over again, it gets talked about.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

explaining that she is not friends with KMHA members so your argument can end?
Once a child is out of hockey we are suppose to stop being friends with parents whose child is still in?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
fishfry

Post by fishfry »

All one has to do if they want information on who is on the executive is go to KMHA's website, they are all listed there as well.

I assume that is what you are supposed to do Fancy.

I've also decided enough on this subject. Will wait and see what the police investigation brings about and then I might have something to say.
Solarcentre

Post by Solarcentre »

fishfry wrote:Funny, you were done posting.

If I told you the truth how can it be a lie? No formal invitation which amounts to no invitation. Please tell me. Where was the meeting? what time was it? was it announced? What time to I show up? I told you, it was a phone call suggesting I go and I explained to you why I didn't. THERE WAS NO FORMAL INVITATION. Previous questions have gone unanswered. You make yourself look foolish by expecting I go and cause a scene. What would be the purpose? I can tell you I was busy that night in rehersals until 12 but to me that is irrelevent and would not resolve anything. MR DIAZ IS ON RECORD TWICE THAT HE WILL NOT TALK ABOUT THIS. So I was to show up and agitate? You fail to acknowledge that I have already attempted to go throught the proper channels only to be lied to and my issues not brought forward--when can I stop and go elsewhere to get action? It seems that the only negative comments I have received regarding this issue is by those who are anonymous--interesting don't you think? Perhaps they are friends and executive members? Who knows? BUT YOU CAN KNOW WHO I AM

Executive meetings are not secret...it is not a secret society, though those on the executive would like us to think it is all a secret. You seem a little uncomfortable with what I know? Why? what is your interest? It is my right to have the minutes of the executive meetings. Read the society act. pay attention to the parts about conflicts of interest and receiving personal gain from the society.

Lastly, Why do you believe MM and the FALSE accusations about me and my motives, yet I can't call her a possible LIAR? You sound like a hypocrite. She can easily clear it up and then get an apology from me, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If she is who I think she is then it is clearly within her morals to lie ...it is not in mine! In fact if she is who I think she is then she has lots of motive to lie. If you call me a liar for not ending the discussion-fine. Being labeled a liar by you is the least of my concerns..you do not know me and I would put my intergrity up for examination anyday. In my mind i wasn't invited--pure and simple. This is why I am public about this issue. ANYONE can call me including yourself, but the fact is you cannot allow for the possibility that KMHA is involved in unlawful actions. All previous discussions concerning these issues occurred internally where KMHA executives (the ones involved in my accusations) were the judge and jury. Kinda like the fox guarding the chicken coop. Because of their failure to take action I am forced to go elsewhere as Mr Diaz said I could. Why is that a problem? If they didn't do anything they do not have to worry--but they are worried--very worried and should be.

fisherEd

Post by fisherEd »

Ok, I've been reading this forum and being a past member of KMHA, I can say that as far as I'm concerned, this has gotten out of hand just like it did 2 years ago. ( Rocketscience), Mr. Garcia you keep saying you know who the person MM is. MM keeps stating not in hockey anymore, what don't you get? Yet you keep on about that.

Also, if executive meetings are NOT secret, then why didn't you go, a board member called you and suggested you go. I don't believe anyone was suggesting you go make a scene so don't say that people look foolish by suggesting that.

What is it you want MM to clear up? You say If she is who I think she is then it is clearly within her morals to lie...In fact if she is who I think she is then she has lots of motive to lie. Are you assuming that MM is on the executive and that is why she/he is lying? Posts continually say that the child in not in hockey anymore. All she/he has said as far as accussations is that she/he thinks that it is sour grapes more than anything else.

I also have to wonder why there is no news about this anywhere else other than in a PUBLIC discussion forum where pretty much anything can and will be said. You read some of the stuff on some of these forums and it's so obvious that there are people out there just trying to get a rise out of people and to me, it looks like that has certainly happened here.

Personally, I would like to thank KMHA executive present and past for a job well done. You might want to check out what other association's ask for registration compared to KMHA. I know when our child played, it was one of the lowest in the province and that has to be because of something. As for the group that goes to Australia, it is a long hard 2 years of work to fundraise to go on that trip and the people that take those boys have a lot of responsibility on them to make sure that everyone arrives back in Kelowna safe and sound.

It shall be interesting to see what happens with this investigaton.
a_big_pile_of_de

Post by a_big_pile_of_de »

Click on this link

http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/gaming/report ... 865792.pdf

If Don Evans is doing such a great job running the 50/50 how come the audit reports states he did/does everything wrong.

Why does KMHA hire him?

He is missing a lot of cash and tickets and documentation.

For some reason I think that's why the RCMP and Revenue Canada are lighting up the phone lines at KMHA.
Last edited by a_big_pile_of_de on Feb 25th, 2008, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fisherEd

Post by fisherEd »

Mr. Garcia is also very knowledgable about KMHA and the going's on. It's not to hard to find out anything if you really want to. Like someone said, all you have to do is go to their website to get executive info.

When our child played, we knew a lot of what was going on and I'm sure it was the same for MM. I still believe that MM was just stirring the pot and it certainly got stirred.

How do you know the phone lines are lit up at KMHA? Just curious?
Solarcentre

Post by Solarcentre »

Another fishing buddy? I too would like to Thank the Past President for a Job well Done. Thanks Mike (whom I never met). Oh you mean Mr. Evans? While you are thanking him, thank him for giving himself a job that pays 300.00 (average) per night with a side trip to Australia. Re MM: Why should I believe her? You take her at her word yet you do not know her. It is easy to make up a person to be so as not to be discovered..it is called acting. If you do not know me why not afford me the same courtesy? At least I back it up. You have agree with some of the others that I should have gone to this meeting. I, in my opinion, was not invited. Why should I go? To ask questions? I already have the answers but not through their help. When I have asked questions they respond with a lie. (note: that itself is a MAJOR accusation that if founded could be grounds for libel--I do not make it lightly and without due consideration). WHAT WOULD HAVE CAME OUT OF IT? KMHA was given opportunity to help me understand their position, yet I was rebuffed. You see I could tell you that I was busy at Kelwona Actors Studio, preparing for an upcoming play, from 5:30 -12:00. This is totally true and verifiable. Call them (862 2867) and see for yourself. However, I still ask even if I could go to the meeting, Why? I can document all of my communication with KMHA and most would agree that I have already tried going through the proper channels, otherwise they could suspend me like they did to the fellow in Kamloops. Let them call an AGM and I will stand up and defend my position to all of the members so I can expose this current board. Providing they do it on a Monday or Tuesday before Dec 17th , I will be there. THAT IS A PROMISE and I will bring a recording device.

Lastly, you say it is a hard two years of fundraising for the Australian team. triAnswer this: How can a non registered group raise funds, take away fundraising from legitimate KMHA activities, and have a tax free trip? You seem to think it is fair--defend your reasons. (Perhaps you should take the time to see how other WHL clubs dole out the 50/50 opportunity--I did.) Please read previous postings where Mr. Luis denied any KMHA involvement with the Australian team. How did that team become a non profit society? What they are doing is not allowed by the BC Society Act , The Candian Revenue Act, and the BC Gaming laws. Again, if you read the previous post you will see that I have taken more than one relief team to foreign countries--like Luis says, "IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE". I would do it in an instant. The job should be tendered.

fisherEd wrote:Ok, I've been reading this forum and being a past member of KMHA, I can say that as far as I'm concerned, this has gotten out of hand just like it did 2 years ago. ( Rocketscience), Mr. Garcia you keep saying you know who the person MM is. MM keeps stating not in hockey anymore, what don't you get? Yet you keep on about that.

Also, if executive meetings are NOT secret, then why didn't you go, a board member called you and suggested you go. I don't believe anyone was suggesting you go make a scene so don't say that people look foolish by suggesting that.

What is it you want MM to clear up? You say If she is who I think she is then it is clearly within her morals to lie...In fact if she is who I think she is then she has lots of motive to lie. Are you assuming that MM is on the executive and that is why she/he is lying? Posts continually say that the child in not in hockey anymore. All she/he has said as far as accussations is that she/he thinks that it is sour grapes more than anything else.

I also have to wonder why there is no news about this anywhere else other than in a PUBLIC discussion forum where pretty much anything can and will be said. You read some of the stuff on some of these forums and it's so obvious that there are people out there just trying to get a rise out of people and to me, it looks like that has certainly happened here.

Personally, I would like to thank KMHA executive present and past for a job well done. You might want to check out what other association's ask for registration compared to KMHA. I know when our child played, it was one of the lowest in the province and that has to be because of something. As for the group that goes to Australia, it is a long hard 2 years of work to fundraise to go on that trip and the people that take those boys have a lot of responsibility on them to make sure that everyone arrives back in Kelowna safe and sound.

It shall be interesting to see what happens with this investigaton.
[[/b]
fishfry

Post by fishfry »

Another fishing buddy?No, actually is my name. I too would like to Thank the Past President for a Job well Done. Thanks Mike (whom I never met). Mike who, oh the guy who was thrown out?? Oh you mean Mr. Evans? While you are thanking him, thank him for giving himself a job that pays 300.00 (average) per night with a side trip to Australia. Jealous??? Re MM: Why should I believe her? You take her at her word yet you do not know her. It is easy to make up a person to be so as not to be discovered..it is called acting. If you do not know me why not afford me the same courtesy? At least I back it up. You have agree with some of the others that I should have gone to this meeting. I, in my opinion, was not invited. You were called by an executive member and told when the meeting was, you already stated that. Why should I go? To ask questions? I already have the answers but not through their help. When I have asked questions they respond with a lie. (note: that itself is a MAJOR accusation that if founded could be grounds for libel--I do not make it lightly and without due consideration). WHAT WOULD HAVE CAME OUT OF IT? KMHA was given opportunity to help me understand their position, yet I was rebuffed. You see I could tell you that I was busy at Kelwona Actors Studio, preparing for an upcoming play, from 5:30 -12:00. This is totally true and verifiable. Call them (862 2867) and see for yourself. Who cares what you were doing, you were invited by an I can document all of my communication However, I still ask even if I could go to the meeting, Why?with KMHA and most would agree that I have already tried going through the proper channels, otherwise they could suspend me like they did to the fellow in Kamloops. Let them call an AGM and I will stand up and defend my position to all of the members so I can expose this current board. Providing they do it on a Monday or Tuesday before Dec 17th , I will be there. So you set the rules as to when that has to be..........there is no need for an AGM, you're not the president of the association, just a disgruntled parent. THAT IS A PROMISE and I will bring a recording device.

Lastly, you say it is a hard two years of fundraising for the Australian team. triAnswer this: How can a non registered group raise funds, take away fundraising from legitimate KMHA activities, and have a tax free trip? You seem to think it is fair--defend your reasons. (Perhaps you should take the time to see how other WHL clubs dole out the 50/50 opportunity--I did.) Please read previous postings where Mr. Luis denied any KMHA involvement with the Australian team. How did that team become a non profit society? What they are doing is not allowed by the BC Society Act , The Candian Revenue Act, and the BC Gaming laws. Again, if you read the previous post you will see that I have taken more than one relief team to foreign countries, ah hockey team, total responsibility all on your own...--like Luis says, "IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE". I would do it in an instant. The job should be tendered.I believe it is tendered and no one has stepped forward.[/b]
fishfry

Post by fishfry »

So is that why you took the name "Rocket Science" cuz that is what Mr. Diaz has said.

you are pathetic and I am done posting on this subject.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

I would like to thank Mr. Don Evans for all the hours that he has put into K.M.H.A. in the last at least 15 years. How many years has Mr. Garcia been involved at the executive level? Has Mr. Garcia notice all the banners in Memorial Arena that Kelowna has won since Mr. Evans has been president. He turned Kelowna around to one of the best run Minor Hockey Associations in this province. Yes they have a paid administrator and a paid Head Coach. Many clubs have paid people.
As for the Australian group, my son went on the trip. It was no picnic doing all the fundraising. Not only did we do the 50/50, we did many other activities such as firewood sales, sand bags, timekeeping for tournaments ect. This took many hours of organizing by Mr. Evans over how many years this has been happening. Mr Garcia, maybe you need a little history lesson as to how this all got started.
Years ago an Australian Minor Hockey group would come on a visit to Canada and played exibition games. This included Kelowna Minor because of Mr. Evans had made K.M.H.A into a powerhouse. So they wanted to play the best teams. So Kelowna people (long before Mr Garcia was involved in K.M.H.A.) decided to return the favor! That's how it started. Players were pick at that time from the House League system of K.M.H.A. by the work of that their parents put into Minor Hockey over the years. (i.e. running tournaments, House League directors, time keeping ect.) We had parents mad too. But guess what! They were parents that "did not give back to the game"! They did little or nothing to volunteer.
As for the free trips? What about Kelowna teams going to tournaments in Quebec City, Hull, Oshawa, San Diego, Phoenix ect. They all fundraised?
Now Mr. Garcia, lets talk about Mr Evans commission. Years ago K.M.H.A did bingos to raise monies as did other Minor sports. Each rep team got the proceeds from one night of bingo that the parents had to show up. Only one night did they have to show up. Guess what? No parents would show up. So K.M.H.A had to pay someone to show up once a week at the bingo hall so that K.M.H.A. wouldn't lose the gaming monies.
So when the Rockets came along, Mr Hamilton ask Mr. Evans and K.M.H.A. for a group of people that would show up for every game to do the 50/50. Not a hit and miss dog and pony show. That is how the Australian group and 50/50 got started.
Mr. Evans has started to get a commission for the last couple of years. So over the last many years he did it for as you say a free trip. At this same time, he ran K.M.H.A, ran the 50/50, was at every tournament in Kelowna (House and Rep.), went to every O.M.A.H.A. meeting, went to every B.C.A.H.A. AGM, Chaired every K.M.H.A. meeting and everything else he did. Oh ya, he had to find time to work. I also forgot that he looked after his ailing father for many years. Should I add more to this incredible volunteer that K.M.H.A. had!
I have been involded in many executives in my life. Including at the National level. The position I held as a V.P., guess what? If I raised monies for that National organization, I would get 20% commission. And that's in the By-laws of the organization. So yes Mr. Garcia some people do get paid in Minor sports. Now how much has Mr. Evans raised for Minor hockey? Mr Hamilton doesn't seem to have a problem with the way it is run?
Next, as for running to the police. All tickets are accounted for and that means that the # of tickets equal the amount of money you should have. I have counted many nights until I balanced! Mr.Evans made sure every night we did the 50/50 we balanced! Now another Minor sport in Kelowna is being investaged about funds being taken. By yes, a disgruntled parent. Yes the R.C.M.P. started a file and found no evidence. So just because they open a file does not mean they are going to find something.
In closing, I think that when you have walked in Mr. Evans shoes and see what he has done for K.M.H.A. over the last 15 years. You should thank him for all of his hours and hours of volunteering. And then you should tell him that you want to serve K.M.H.A. for the next 15 years. Just like him. Yes I was on the K.M.H.A. executive in the early 90's with Mr. Evans and have every respect for him. A Big thanks Mr. Don Evans for your service to Kelowna's youth.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

I said I was done but all I can say Is BRAVO averagejoe.

You hit the nail on the head.
wheel1961

Post by wheel1961 »

Mr. Garcia
You truly are pathetic ! What is your real purpose for these claims?
The bottom line is Mr. Hamilton seems happy with the way the 50/50 program is being run, or he would give it to a different group, he knows that a part of the funds go to send a team to Australia. The gamming commision must be ok as the continue to grant the license. Kelowna Minor Hockey is ok as they are the benificiary of monies to enhance our cities minor hockey players, coaches, referees. The only thing I can determine is that you are a complainer because something happened in your Sons hockey career that you are unhappy with. The Kelowna Actors Studio is where you belong because you can pretend to be someone you are not.
In closing I want to send my thanks to Mr. Evans for all his contributions to Kelowna Minor Hockey and its players and to Mr. Bruce Hamilton for allowing Mr. Evans to run the 50/50 program and the money generated to help with the enhancement to youth in hockey in Kelowna.
Mr. Garcia, YOU ARE A JOKE!

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”