Superbowl Sunday

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.

Who Will win

Giants
45%
Patriots
55%

Total votes: 11

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Superbowl Sunday

Post by Symbonite »

Which one would be more interesting

Patriots going undefeated

Or

Giants the only Team to beat the Patriots in the most important game of the season.
Hugh Jass
Übergod

Post by Hugh Jass »

I think The Pats will win.. However I think the Giants do have a decent shot.

The Giants will have to control the clock with Jacobs and try and pound the rock between the tackles. Wear down the Linebackers a bit and play smashmouth 3 yards and a cloud of dust football.

I also think if they can get a matchup with Plaxico in the slot maybe covered by a safety they can take a poke or two downfield. Play action will be key for the Giants in the passing game as well.. Catch those linebackers dropping back into coverage and then freeze them for a minute...

It will need to be a perfect gameplan for the Giants, but I am hoping they can do it.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

The Pats... Alhough I think that the 1st quarter will be intersting. Eli will play for his life, then after the Pats get a few touchdowns, not so much.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
tawnylee
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by tawnylee »

If there was ever a time for Eli to shine under pressure, this would be it! Unfortuantely, he's flailed too many times when the team has depended on him. Brady, on the other hand, plays amazingly under pressure!
GO PATS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

and Brady is eye candy!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

What a game! As a Green Bay Packer fan I feel a bit better now about the Packers' overtime loss to the Giants two weeks ago. That might be the best Super Bowl game ever . . . certainly one of the best. There were some great championship games in the pre-Super Bowl era and I always have thought they should count in the records. I think the Packers have won more NFL championships than any other team but we only hear of Super Bowl records. Anyway, the Super Bowl often lays an egg but tonight's game was outstanding.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Okay, I admit I cast my vote after the end of the game. So what? It’s not like I got to put money on it. I’ve always liked the Patriots (for many, many years), and it would have been something to witness history had they been able to complete the perfect season. However, we still did witness history as we watched an undefeated team be defeated by a Wildcard team in the Superbowl. My hats off to Eli Manning and the Giants. That was f#$%k*ng incredible! Who would have thought the Patriots could be held to 14 points? Who would have thought the game would be so low scoring and the Giants would throw a touchdown pass with four minutes to play to go ahead? Hey – which ever way this game worked out, if you watched it you witnessed history. The Patriots will be the first team that people ever remember coming in second place.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The Patriots will be kicking themselves since they had a couple of chances to put the game away during the last Giants drive. That escape Manning made, when he should have been sacked, and the great throw to Tyree (and the great catch). Definitely New England will be remembered for an outstanding season but it must hurt to come up three points short of perfection.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Triple 6 wrote:and Brady is eye candy!

Now now, you shouldn't be thinking that way. When I watch the women play beach volleyball I'm only thinking about the fine points of the game.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Urbane wrote:
Now now, you shouldn't be thinking that way. When I watch the women play beach volleyball I'm only thinking about the fine points of the game.

Would it be wrong to call you a liar? LOL

I wish the Pats won, But the Giants played well. What an entertaining game.

Tom Petty rocked!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Triple 6 wrote:
    Urbane wrote:

Would it be wrong to call you a liar? LOL

I wish the Pats won, But the Giants played well. What an entertaining game.

Tom Petty rocked!

Yes, guilty as charged. Outstanding game and excellent entertainment with no wardrobe malfunctions!
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

haha, you think a loser is eye candy!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I give Tom Brady full marks for what he said after the game. No excuses from him and he gave credit to the Giants. One great thing about the NFL is the parity. In MLB there's a handful of teams that could win the World Series, barring a fluke, but with the NFL many teams have a chance at the championship. New England seemed to be a bit above everyone else this year but in the end they didn't win it all and that's good for the league.
Scynite
Board Meister

Re: Superbowl Sunday

Post by Scynite »

Symbonite wrote:Which one would be more interesting

Or

Giants the only Team to beat the Patriots in the most important game of the season.

You forgot an option in this poll - "Don't care at all" :D
Don't get so mad, it's just my opinion.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Superbowl Sunday

Post by Catz »

Scynite wrote:
Symbonite wrote:Which one would be more interesting

Or

You forgot an option in this poll - "Don't care at all" :D

YOU forgot an option....don't read it or watch it :smt075

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”