NHL Trades

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Bubalouie
Guru

NHL Trades

Post by Bubalouie »

With just over 2 hours to go, nothing yet from the Canucks..............what the heck is with Nonis ????
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: NHL Trades

Post by Symbonite »

well they did trade cooke
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

woohoo.................big deal..............as per usual, NoNuts did nothing.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Well what would you do. Trade the future to see that we fail again in the playoffs. What he has to do is basically start looking this summer. Start Building this summer. If they dont we wont see a contending team for another 5 years.**
The Bronze
Fledgling

Post by The Bronze »

What exactly were you expecting Nonis to do?

What would you have done differently?
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

Nonis made his attempt at landing Brad Richards. He wasn't going to trade Kesler and Edler for him though.

The asking price for players is terrible at the deadline. I'm just glad he sent Cooke packing.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

I realize that asking prices at the dead line are probably unrealistic but I don't see Naslund as a leader on the team and my bet is Luongo is gone as soon as his contract is up. He's not going to keep playing for a team that never gets him any help.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

I agree that Naslund isn't the type of leader the Canucks need. However, they wouldn't have found any type of leader in a trade at the deadline.

With a long-time core of the group unrestricted this summer (Naslund, Morrison, Linden, since departed Cooke), Nonis has some work to do in trades and free agent signings and it will be interesting to see what kind of support group he can bring Luongo.

However, Luongo isn't the type to up and leave because of lack of team support in front of him. He never asked to be traded out of Florida because his team never made the playoffs. It was the Canucks fortune that Mike Keenan is a m*r*n and decided Luongo's extra few hundred thousand that he wanted wasn't worth it.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Bretbaby wrote:Nonis made his attempt at landing Brad Richards. He wasn't going to trade Kesler and Edler for him though.

The asking price for players is terrible at the deadline. I'm just glad he sent Cooke packing.

Ya its a good thing...because now cook is playing on the same line as Federov and that killing 10-2 vs Boston he got a goal and 2 assists nice for him. Vancouver seems to be the training ground for the NHL and/or the goalie graveyard.

I think this summer is when they have t get their butts going and get serious or else they are gonna go nowhere for years. Now they have slipped to ninth and got their *bleep* handed to them by Chicago....CHICAGO...a team that is hurting worse than Vancouver.

I can sense that the Canucks are not gonna make the playoffs.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

Symbonite wrote:Ya its a good thing...because now cook is playing on the same line as Federov and that killing 10-2 vs Boston he got a goal and 2 assists nice for him. Vancouver seems to be the training ground for the NHL and/or the goalie graveyard.

I think this summer is when they have t get their butts going and get serious or else they are gonna go nowhere for years. Now they have slipped to ninth and got their *bleep* handed to them by Chicago....CHICAGO...a team that is hurting worse than Vancouver.

I can sense that the Canucks are not gonna make the playoffs.

I hope you're not comparing a Matt Cooke in Vancouver to a Matt Cooke in Washington? If so, you obviously don't know hockey.

Of course the Canucks need to do something this summer. They have 7 UFAs in their starting line-up - they would look pretty empty if they didn't!!!

Lastly, while the Canucks should've won against Chicago (the old cliche of "must win hockey"), people often underestimate the kids on that team. Chicago, and the kids, have nothing to lose. They are under no pressure, so it's easy to get an uptight Vancouver team against the wall. Chicago's current standings aren't because of lack of effort, unlike the Canucks...

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”