Super Cities Walk for MS

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Gordian Knot
Übergod

Super Cities Walk for MS

Post by Gordian Knot »

Anyone else doing this this year?? I did the walk many many years ago with a girlfriend for "fun". We just wanted to go out and walk. I think I raised about $75 (I was only 16 at the time). This year, I'm doing it for a girlfriend of mine who was diagnosed about 5 years ago at the ripe ol' age of 25. She is doing well thanks to her medication, a supportive husband and a positive outlook, but that could all change very quickly.

I guess we all have our causes to champion and this is mine. I just wish I didn't feel that sometimes it's so futile since the big pharmacy companies will inevitably put more money into treatments than research for cures, because if the victims are cured then there is no money for the companies. Sigh. Why does health have to be a business??

Anyway, I'm doing the walk and have raised almost $1100!! Big increase over my whopping $75 back then.

Anyone else doing it?
A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.
-- Mary Mason
broadspectrum

Re: Super Cities Walk for MS

Post by broadspectrum »

I'll be walking. My brother was diagnosed at 21 and I would love to see a cure in the near future.
Congratulations on raising $1100!
Gordian Knot
Übergod

Re: Super Cities Walk for MS

Post by Gordian Knot »

Thanks DPR. I'm at almost $1400 now. People have been super generous because it is one of those things where we all know someone or know someone who knows someone who is dealing with MS.

I'm looking forward to the walk, I just hope the weather smartens up out here on the island! We have snow today!
A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.
-- Mary Mason

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”