NHL Hockey

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: NHL Hockey

Post by Catz »

kingsandman wrote:
Puffy wrote:My fine, fine Oilers are out of the play offs..... :ohmygod:
Now who do I cheer for?
:skyisfalling:
Who cares,hockey blows! Don't be one of Canada's idiotic sheep that devote their lives to following a stupid game that has absolutely no bearing on society today. Get a life.

Wow. Never saw that coming :dyinglaughing:
Ahhhh, if you don't like it, don't watch it.
Someone needs to explain that to you? :coffeecanuck:

But, thanx for TELLING me what to watch.
Where would I be without you? :hailjo:
kingsandman
Übergod

Post by kingsandman »

Fancy wrote:
a pearl of wisdom from someone sitting on a computer with nothing better to do lol.
Have a look around, is there a mirror nearby?
Beats sitting on the computer complaining
Does it beat complaining about complainers?
Model citizen......zero discipline.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

LOL @ "Get a life"

You're the one who came to an NHL topic and posted.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

My partner is a lifelong fan of the Calgary Flames.
He is also the biggest Black Sabbath / Ozzy Osbourne fan I have ever met.
This is probably why he has noticed this odd occurance:

Every time the song "Crazy Train" plays during a Calgary Flames game, the Flames lose. He pointed this out to me a couple of years back, and it surprisingly has shown true for every game I watch.

He tells me that there was one exception last year, and that the song didn't seem to have any impact during their play-off run in 2004.

I'm still somewhat skeptical, but am finding it more and more difficult to deny. I watched the last Calgary game with him (not the one tonight, but last time they played in Calgary). The score was 2-1 for the Flames. Then "Crazy Train" played. Within moments, the Sharks tied the score, and then, seconds before the end of the 3rd period, the Sharks scored the winning goal. Same sort of thing happened at their last game in San Jose.

It appears only to be the one song that curses this team (no other Ozzy songs have an impact), and it's only Calgary. Whereas most people start the spitting and swearing when the other team scores, for his family it comes when the first few notes are audible.

Does anybody else notice this coincidence? Are there any other signs that seem to predict how the game will turn out?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

Yup, I've noticed every time I climb the tree in my front yard after the Flames have scored the other team will inevidebly come back to win that game.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Ok.....

go Calgary, go :nyah:

then Montreal :discodance:

I wanna keep a Canadian team in there :sunshine:

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”