Fishing at Shannon Lake

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Fishing at Shannon Lake

Post by Catz »

:coffeecanuck:

Too funny.
I am a tom boy mom...what can I say.
Taught my hubby, too.

Give me fishing, camping and a 6 pack and I am good to go.
:sunshine:
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Puffy wrote:That's normally how it goes...a lot of fun.
We were there earlier, and it was not that way...

I usually am pretty understanding, so maybe I have a point

Nope you don't.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Bruce Smith

Post by Bruce Smith »

On behalf of the Regional District of Central Okanagan, our Parks Services staff and our many partners, thank you to everyone who took the opportunity to participate in this successful program during 2009. And thanks to our neighbours adjacent to our two fishing areas for their patience and understanding with traffic and parking this year.

Since we started on the weekend of April 25th at Hall Road pond in Mission Creek Regional Park and the next day at Shannon Lake Regional Park, more than 2,300 people helped make 'Go Fish' a great success for yet another year! There were over 1,100 participants during the past eight weekends at Shannon Lake alone.

A big thanks to our volunteer partners: The Peachland Sportsmen's Association who diligently helped and provided equipment at Shannon Lake; members of the Kelowna Fish and Game Club for their assistance providing the program in Mission Creek Regional Park; the Lonely loon Fly Fishing Club who helped with the kick off weekend barbeque at Hall Road; the Summerland Trout Hatchery and Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC who stocked the fishing areas for the program and the BC Ministry of Environment.

By the way, the Peachland Sportsmen's Association isn't finished yet! This Saturday, June 20th they are hosting a Fishing Derby in all of Shannon Lake, including the netted area for youngsters aged 16 and under in the Regional Park. It runs from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, everyone is welcome and no fishing license is required as the event is part of the free provincial Family Fishing weekend. There will be prizes, a free barbequed hotdog and refreshments. If needed, tackle and bait will be supplied by the Association for youngsters.

Bruce Smith
RDCO Communications Coordinator
ozzie231

Post by ozzie231 »

Just wondering during the week are adults aloud to catch and release on the netted side or no just wondering
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Bump....what do you the fish will like with the cooler weather? I can't troll or fly fish. Thanx
zigmundpalffy

Post by zigmundpalffy »

You are definitely a soccer mom Catz.

Let your son fish in the kids area and let yourself fish with the adults.

Thank you Bruce and all the volunteers and organizers for putting this on every year!

Do the left over stocked fish from the roped area get released into the big lake later in the summer?
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

zigmundpalffy wrote:Do the left over stocked fish from the roped area get released into the big lake later in the summer?

Yes, any remaining fish are released once the net is removed.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”