Fishing at Shannon Lake

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Fishing at Shannon Lake

Post by Catz »

Excuse me, I am entitled to be choked if I want to.
My child loves fishing, and I have taught him how to fish and enjoy the simple things in life.

You clearly do not get my point, so I will yet again print slowly for you....

man A ...kid beside him...both fishing
man B...kid beside him...both fishing....

man A get gets asked to leave, while man B stays and cont to fish with child.
kids same age...no 'man' helped either kid....

do you get it or not?
probably not

BTW they don't play socceer and I DO NOT have the mentality of that...but good dig on soccer parents

Might I add...it's a simple thing of do for one what you do to the other...good grief
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

OUCH !!! "Soccer Mom Mentality" Glad mine don't play soccer, wouldn't want to be painted with that brush
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

gotta like that...talk about telling me to grow up.... :dyinglaughing:
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

Where can I find a schedule to attend this event?
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
Darren Schlamp
Fledgling

Post by Darren Schlamp »

Bestside wrote:Where can I find a schedule to attend this event?

Regional District.. Kids can fish from the pond anytime, but you have to bring your own rod. Rods are available on Saturdays 10-3 and Sundays 10-3 until June 14th.
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

Darren Schlamp wrote:
Bestside wrote:Where can I find a schedule to attend this event?

Regional District.. Kids can fish from the pond anytime, but you have to bring your own rod. Rods are available on Saturdays 10-3 and Sundays 10-3 until June 14th.

Thanks... sounds like fun...
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
Advocate
Guru

Post by Advocate »

Puffy wrote:I am so angry right now.
I took my son and to the lake we went to fish...they stock the lake and there is a netted area. I buy my licence, have a good bonding time with my son...lots of family there.

I was asked not to fish in the netted side with my son.
If that was a rule for everyone...fine, but there were a tonne of other adults fishing, as well.

2 people were so rude to me., and I will never go back.
Even my son said...why can the others fish, but not you?
I didn't even catch a flippin fish anyway.

So come, bring your kid, but you cannot stand a fish with him...just watch him.

Like I said I respect their rule...just include everyone with it...not pick and choose

Who asked you, and why did you comply?
Teaps
Board Meister

Post by Teaps »

Did another parent get upset at you? BEcause last time i checked, fishing in a netted area isn't a chargable offence and they can't take away your licence for fishing in the netted area...So by all means, cast away....I do
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

It was an older gentleman, and I left because I did not want to make a scene out of it.
Rules are rules, and fair enough I suppose, they should apply to everyone, though. That was what I was angry about.

We have found other places to fish, and will like I said, not go back to Shannon Lake.
I want to enjoy quality time fishing with my kids...something I taught them and am proud of for that, and there are many places around here.

Anyway...just IMO :sunshine:
Advocate
Guru

Post by Advocate »

Ah I see. Good role modelling there, Dad. (er, MOM?!?!)

(Don't talk too much about 'all the other parents' though as that might come back to bite you someday down the road lol)
Last edited by Advocate on Jun 13th, 2009, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

are you being sarcastic?...I'm a tad slow this afternoon...lazy day
Advocate
Guru

Post by Advocate »

Puffy wrote:are you being sarcastic?...I'm a tad slow this afternoon...lazy day

absolutely not. and so am I btw.

I meant every word. You done good not to put up a good 'fight for your right' in front of your son, and all the other kids and parents. You graciously stepped aside, and abode by their rules, once notified, and walked past all the other adults who were fishing with their children and didn't thumb your nose at them, balk at them, call them names, call the staff names, belittled anyone, or bullied anyone. I'm a right fighter, so I can appreciate your control and composure, especially when you were angry~ that's when a lot of dad's let the 'f' bomb fly, regardless of who's around.

And you set the example that life is 10% what happens to us, and 90% our attitude about it. You made a choice to leave with dignity, and leave all other's dignity in tact. You taught them much more than fishing that day. Your kids are learning from what you do every minute of every day they are with you. That's why role modelling the things you want to see in them is so very important in all those little decisions you make while they are watching you.

A few things my father taught me about that i've taken through my life - attitude - persistence - the golden rule - respect - and good humour. I watched him use respect, honour, and good judgement all my years growing up. Same with my mother. These are things that wrote on the slate of who I became, and who my brothers and sisters are.

As parents, we teach our kids the most meaningful lessons in life, usually through our own actions, and helping them solve their own problems, and what we teach them when they are young, they seldom forget.
Hope that shows you I wasn't being sarcastic.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

:sunshine:

thanx, I try and teach them well...try being the key word...we learn as we grow.

ps...I'm a mom :discodance:
Advocate
Guru

Post by Advocate »

Puffy wrote::sunshine:

thanx, I try and teach them well...try being the key word...we learn as we grow.

Ah! well, that makes more sense! LOL We don't see the mom's throwing the 'f' bomb too often!
I'm glad I added the part about Mom as well then!
Advocate
Guru

Post by Advocate »

Advocate wrote:
Puffy wrote::sunshine:

Ah! well, that makes more sense! LOL We don't see the mom's throwing the 'f' bomb too often!
I'm glad I added the part about Mom as well then!

I also respect your willingness to take your kids fishing - I hate fishing!
Went with DH and kids, caught a 30 pounder - my three year old! in the cheek with a hook, as I was trying to show him how to cast carefully (stand back here) - stupid - I shook all the rest of that day, and will never ever hold a fishing rod again! Kids still tease me about that.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”