Kelowna Rockets

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Bubalouie
Guru

Re: Kelowna Rockets

Post by Bubalouie »

Looking pretty impressive lately, even with all the different goal tenders in and out of the line up. Playoffs not to far away, should be interesting to see how far they go this year.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

The team everyone should be paying attention to is the Everett Silvertips, main reason is Carter Hart.
impo he will be the next Carey Price/Braden Holtby in the NHL.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fisherEd

Post by fisherEd »

Everett are a great team, was hard to watch that loss to Red Deer, should be interesting tonight, wonder when Lind will be back?
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

What were the suspensions if any after that brawl on Saturday night?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

What's that? Four losses in a row now for the Rockets? Every team goes through a slump at some point so perhaps the Rockets are getting it over with at the right time.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Urbane wrote:What's that? Four losses in a row now for the Rockets? Every team goes through a slump at some point so perhaps the Rockets are getting it over with at the right time.

Since both Kamloops & Prince George are out of top 3 spots in the BC Division, only Kamloops has a very slim chance at a wild card spot (Seattle has 70 points with 8 games remaining, meanwhile Kamloops has 63 points with 5 games remaining. Once Seattle wins 2 of their 8 remaining games Kamloops will be officially out)
Kelowna will either be playing a wild card team or Victoria or Vancouver in first round of the playoffs.

Good to see Porter back before the playoffs, without him in net Kelowna chances in playoffs would be slim at best.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Glad Porter is back to but he hasn't been so great either of late. Could be a quick exit out of the playoffs, don't know what is going on with this streak that they are on but hopefully that changes tonight.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:Glad Porter is back to but he hasn't been so great either of late. Could be a quick exit out of the playoffs, don't know what is going on with this streak that they are on but hopefully that changes tonight.

Very true, I believe the Rockets would go further into the playoffs with Porter then Salmond.
Tonight will be good test, possible first round opponent (if Kelowna ends up in 2nd or 3th in BC division)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

OT loss tonight, worst they can do is 3rd in BC division since Kamloops is out of the picture.
Team has to figure out if they want to get past the first round or not.
5 remaining regular season games
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Yikes, heard they played well but not well enough. Would guess the Giants were the hungrier team, their first win in K-town in 27 games or something?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Way to go Rockets! For the seventh time in franchise history they're the champions of the BC Division! Well done!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Urbane wrote:Way to go Rockets! For the seventh time in franchise history they're the champions of the BC Division! Well done!

Way to go Rockets, now there still is slim chance Tri-City can overtake Spokane. 1 loss by Tri-City and that chance is gone.

First round would be Tri-City @ Kelowna

Regular season against Tri-City series, 3 wins & 1 loss (2 of those wins went to OT)

Tri-City remaining 3 games are home & home with Spokane & last game against Seattle
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

If they play like they did last night and a few of the previous games, they won't get past the first round. Even the post game show, it was commented on how "lackluster" they were, I believe the term used was "brutal", with the older players not giving it 100%. Those ref's. were brutal, the game should never have gotten as out of hand as it did. PG coach should have been tossed.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:If they play like they did last night and a few of the previous games, they won't get past the first round. Even the post game show, it was commented on how "lackluster" they were, I believe the term used was "brutal", with the older players not giving it 100%. Those ref's. were brutal, the game should never have gotten as out of hand as it did. PG coach should have been tossed.

That's the thing about playoffs (in any sport), the 16 teams in WHL playoffs who want the Ed Chynoweth Cup will be the one to get it. Then move on to try to get one of hardest trophies to win, the Memorial Cup.
Which is being held in Regina Saskatchewan, May 18-27.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Game 1 goes tonight, Go Rockets GO

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”