Kelowna Rockets

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kelowna Rockets

Post by jaz301 »

Tonight is the home opener. Lets see what kind of team we will have this year especially at home. If its anything like last season its going to be another disappointment, but I think they have a better team this year.
Life is too sho......
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by shoo »

jaz301 wrote:Tonight is the home opener. Lets see what kind of team we will have this year especially at home. If its anything like last season its going to be another disappointment, but I think they have a better team this year.

Well,that was not a good game last night.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Tonight is the home opener. Lets see what kind of team we will have this year especially at home. If its anything like last season its going to be another disappointment, but I think they have a better team this year.

shoo wrote:Well,that was not a good game last night.

Rockets were up 2 to 0 at end of second but lost 3 to 2 in third, few questionable call by Ref's decided this game. Kamloops player Tyler Hansen was taken from ice by a stretcher, not on his condition.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It's looking like Kamloops is the team to beat this season so far 12 & 1 record.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Yep Kamloops is defiantly the teams to beat. That 1 lose was a shootout lose so they have yet to lose in regulation.

As for the rockets they seem to be a way better team this year then last. They currently sit in 6th place in the west, but it is still early in the season so they can still move up in the standings.
Life is too sho......
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

A hell of a win by the boys on Thursday, vs the #1 ranked team in the country, no less. That was about as good a hockey game as you'll see. Prince George is in tonight. Is it just me, or do the Rockets and Cougars seem to play each other at least once a week?

Despite some key injuries, the lads seem to be finding their groove. Hopefully they can keep rolling! I'm also interested to see if attendance will pick up through the year...
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Back to back shutout with two different goalies. Says a lot about this team. They are definitely a way better team then last season. If they keep playing like they are they can finish in the top 4 in Western conference (though that is a long ways a way yet).
Life is too sho......
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I've noticed the Rockets are supporting the puck better, and breaking out of their own zone better, than I've seen in a long time. In comparison to last year's club especially, the difference is like night and day.

We have a good skating team, not particularly big or physical, but they move the puck well. I was fortunate to also attend the game vs Prince George on the weekend, and I liked how they were able to exploit the Cougars' large, slow-ish defense corps by cycling the puck.

The lads have to be confident now...the game against Edmonton on Wednesday will be another big test.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

WOW what a weekend for the Rockets. 3 wins in 3 night out scoring there opponents 22-5. Team now improves to 15-8-2. They keep this up they will have a 40+ win season and could be a threat in the playoffs.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Coming up to halfway mark of CHL season Top 10 Rankings of CHL teams
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It's looking real good for the Rockets 9 & 1 in their last 10. Keep it up boys
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

There winning streak of 6 games came to an end tonight as they ended there 5 game road trip before Christmas break going 4-1. Rockets started the season 7-6-2 before turning it around and going 16-4 with a total of 23-10-2 in 35gp. Rockets now have a 11 day Christmas break before they get back at it again Dec 27 when the host the visiting Kamloops Blazers. That will be a good one so people make sure you get your tickets.
Life is too sho......
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

With both goaltenders injured (15 yr old callup Jake Morrissey played the 3rd period vs the Hitmen) this break didn't come a minute too soon. Merry Christmas to the Rockets players and staff!
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

:nyah: :nyah: For the first time the Kelowna Rockets are in the CHL top 10 coming in at #8 http://www.chl.ca/article/chl-announces ... ngs_135123
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Tied for second in Western Hockey league 9 points back of number 1 Portland Winterhawks.

CHL ranking has Kelowna Rockets #5

http://www.chl.ca/article/chl-announces ... ngs_135741

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”