Kelowna Rockets

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Bubalouie
Guru

Re: Kelowna Rockets

Post by Bubalouie »

Well that didn't go according to plan.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:Well that didn't go according to plan.

No kidding, if they don't get there heads in game this could be over in as few as 4.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

They failed to pass the Papp Test
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

impo it is must win tonight for Kelowna, since going to there building down 2 would not be good for Kelowna chances of returning for game 5.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Kelowna is down 2 games to none, out scored 14 to 7.
Tonight's game neither goalie was on top of their game.
Kelowna 7 vs Tri-City 9

Games 3 & 4 are in their barn, could be lights out on Kelowna's season.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Rockets might be golfing soon. I was wondering after last nights lack of effort what they practice with, beachballs. It was terrible when it comes to our end.

The other night, to a degree PAPP call his usual game. As a old player you know who's calling your team tight and who will let it go. I do have to say the Americans are all stick so many missed calls in both games with cross checking by them. But, pull your head out of the shade, are you in or are you out??

This photo says alot, although I think the right leg of Dube was put out there and that is likely why the call. Now in saying that the game suspension....I think was overkill.
Attachments
dube_p3296967.jpg
ktowner
Fledgling

Post by ktowner »

Two reasons the rockets are down right now:
1) goaltending
2) size and physicality. Tri-city look big fast and ready for a gritty series. Rockets look like they're floating around the perimeter during a mid October game.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Predictions on games tonight and tomorrow?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:Predictions on games tonight and tomorrow?

Rockets need to make a statement with a win tonight.

Added later: if not the Rockets season will be over. It's not impossible to come back from 3 games to none, it is rare.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Kelowna lost, 5 to 3. So they are down 3 games to none, like I said in my last post. It's not impossible to come back & win, but it is rare.
Tri-City could sweep Kelowna in 4 straight
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

GordonH wrote:Kelowna lost, 5 to 3. So they are down 3 games to none, like I said in my last post. It's not impossible to come back & win, but it is rare.
    Tri-City could sweep Kelowna in 4 straight
The Rockets faltered down the stretch. They weren't terrible but they weren't as good as they were earlier in the season. They did win the BC Division though and so being swept in the first round, which is what will happen if they don't win the next game, will be a big disappointment. Dillon Dube being sent to the showers again, tonight in the first period, didn't help either. Yes, coming back from 3-0 is rare and while the Rockets did that against Seattle a few years ago I don't see that happening this year. Far more likely the Rockets will be swept.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Hate to say it but I think it will be over tonight. Would like to see video of that "kneeing" penalty that got Dube into the showers early.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

ktowner wrote:Two reasons the rockets are down right now:
1) goaltending
2) size and physicality. Tri-city look big fast and ready for a gritty series. Rockets look like they're floating around the perimeter during a mid October game.

I have to agree we have a big hole in net. Although in saying that 7-9, both ends have a problem. DAE is actually pretty sharp kid.

As for physical play, since when do you have your so called Super-Hero being ejected two games. DUBE needs someone to sit him down and explain what his role is.

This run at the goal tender at home could have been avoided. The knee knocking last night, no need for that either and what is he thinking? All about me is my thoughts. He has talent although he is spoiled.

Sadly discipline is a little short, I can understand a coach wanting to play tough but to me be tough on letting the opponent into your zone. Few players have ever scored sitting on their butt at the blue line. Our defense lets them walk on in, chase them around the net and the puck comes to the front. Goal tenders are vulnerable when that happens.

I think they need to polish the driver up...I\ll be shocked to see another game here. Sad we do have a well rounded club is everyone is playing their best.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Bubalouie wrote:Hate to say it but I think it will be over tonight. Would like to see video of that "kneeing" penalty that got Dube into the showers early.

Was on sports this evening, no doubt kneeing. Does it justify a game...troubled with that call but you can't have this happening.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Rockets thank-you for 2017-18 season, maybe next season will be better for you in playoffs.

Took a quick look at the current roster, there are 2 players that will be over age (21) with 4 that will be 20 years old next season. Out of those 4 players, it will be curious who will move on to their draft team & who may stick around.
No matter a vast majority of the team will be returning for 2018-19 season
Here are those 6 players
James Hilsendager 20 (will be 21 next season)
Tomas Soustal 20 (will be 21 next season)
Carsen Twarynski 19 (will be 20 next season)
Gordie Ballhorn D 19 (will be 20 next season)
Brayden Chizen 19 (will be 20 next season)
Dillon Dube 19 (will be 20 next season)
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leag ... 62018.html

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”