Kelowna Rockets

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kelowna Rockets

Post by jaz301 »

:nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: what a game. This team is something very special. Thid season they have had is unreal. With a series as great as this one can only imagine what round 2 (against Kamloops) will bring?
Life is too sho......
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

1. Kamloops @ Kelowna | Sat Apr 6 | 7:05 PM
2. Kamloops @ Kelowna | Sun Apr 7 | 5:05 PM
3. Kelowna @ Kamloops | Tue Apr 9 | 7:00 PM
4. Kelowna @ Kamloops | Wed Apr 10 | 7:00 PM
5. Kamloops @ Kelowna | Fri Apr 12 | 7:05 PM (if needed)
6. Kelowna @ Kamloops | Sun Apr 14 | 6:00 PM (if needed)
7. Kamloops @ Kelowna | Tue Apr 16 | 7:05 PM (if needed)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Its only the first game of the series.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Tough loss last night, so its do or go home tonight.

IMO knowing Kelowna is down a number of regular players that earn the 52 regular season wins, Kelowna is doing well against healthy Kamloops team.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Being up 3 to 0 means nothing against the Rockets. Just ask Seattle.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

There is no way rockets can come back from 3-0 again. The reason why rockets were down 3-0 against Seattle is because they really were not playing that good. With this series against Kamloops rockets have been playing really well its just that Kamloops has been even better.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:There is no way rockets can come back from 3-0 again. The reason why rockets were down 3-0 against Seattle is because they really were not playing that good. With this series against Kamloops rockets have been playing really well its just that Kamloops has been even better.

Well, we will know in about 5Hrs +/- if there will be game 5 or get ready for next season.

Either way hell of a season, give them hell tonight.

Shaw subscribers Channel 11 @ 7pm
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Like I said in my last post..... hell of a season & hell of good try being down on your roster. :smt038

Looking forward to next season
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Too bad the men in stripes had to be noticed in the game.........listening to Sports Talk last night and they were even commenting on how bad the officiating was for a potential series over game.........11 power plays for the home team, 1 for the visitors........Dan said some were deserved penalties but some were for sure not.........
Too bad Rockets but a good run being depleted like you were......some good young talent for the upcoming years......
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Well this is great news. Huska agrees to three year extension

Last year Huska led the Rockets to the WHL BC Division title, a franchise record 52 win season and a Kelowna-record 23 game home winning streak.

In six seasons behind the bench the Rockets have accumulated a 246-153-12-18 record.

He guided the team to two regular season BC Division titles, three second place finishes and a league title in 2009.

His teams in Kelowna have never finished below .500.

With the kind of record he has had with the rockets would love to see him end up in the AHL or NHL. Would most likely start out as an assistant, but hopefully he could work his way up to head coach.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I've been to few games this year already Kelowna looking good with a record of 14-2-0-2, 30 out of a possible 36 point.
Only 1 team is ahead of them in standing with 32 points Portland Winterhawks
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Looking over the standings, Kelowna has the 3rd best winning percentage in whole CHL.

1) QMJHL Blainville-Boisbriand, Armada @ .827
2) OHL Erie Otters @ .820
3) WHL Kelowna Rockets @ .818

Reason they are not #1 in WHL Western Conference is they have played 5 less games than Everett Silvertips.

Keep it up Rockets
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Kelowna Rockets have got the best winning percentage in WHL and second overall in the CHL at .826.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Rockets are having an amazing start to the season with a record of 19-3-0-2. In saying that though, if it were not for goaltending keeping them in some games the loss total would be worse. Like this passed weekend for instance. They played Kamloops back to back with little effort yet they still found a way to win. Lets just hope they can keep the pace they are going at now which would lead to a 57 win season.
Life is too sho......
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote:Kelowna Rockets have got the best winning percentage in WHL and second overall in the CHL at .826.

I go to 1 game a year and they lost...I'll stay away so they can keep winning! lol
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”