Kelowna Rockets

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Kelowna Rockets

Post by GordonH »

Symbonite wrote:are you talking about WHL or NHL Jerseys about logo and name?

But what I think is that the throwback is ok...Time to Update the new one and logo....Its been way too long with the same look jersey.

NHL, AHL, NFL, CFL, CHL, MLB etc…etc
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:So 25th Anniversary Jerseys will actual have something to do with a Rocket, and not imaginary lake monster. lol

http://www.kelownarockets.com/article/r ... ary-jersey

Added later: Question: Is there a team who's jersey does match up with team name???

love the change..10/10
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Well there is the Pittsburgh Penguins
there is Toronto blue jays
there is St Louis Rams
Chicago Bulls

Team Canada Hockey
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Symbonite wrote:Well there is the Pittsburgh Penguins
there is Toronto blue jays
there is St Louis Rams
Chicago Bulls

Team Canada Hockey

Let see what you have:
Last time I checked the Pittsburgh Penguins had a Penguin on the Jersey
Same with Toronto Blue Jays as with the others you posted.

Lets go back to Kelowna Rockets, their name says Rockets but the Jersey has a imaginary lake monster. Now the word Rockets is on the Jersey but no actual Rocket. Unless they had changed the name given said monster from Ogopogo to Rocket. lol
Hope that clears it up for you Symbonite
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
bottleman
Fledgling

Post by bottleman »

Well there's Vancouver's NHL team, the Vancouver Orcas....
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bottle man wrote:Well there's Vancouver's NHL team, the Vancouver Orcas….

Okay, this is one of the main reason I prefer the original jerseys of the Canucks.

Hockey rink with hockey stick so it breaks up so you see a "C" for Canucks, of course my second choice jersey is the skate with Canucks (Which they are planning on bring back at some point this next season). Don't even think about the V, that one was so bad.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

bad jersey for a bad team
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

GordonH wrote:So 25th Anniversary Jerseys will actual have something to do with a Rocket, and not imaginary lake monster. lol

Added later: Question: Is there a team who's jersey does match up with team name???

Thats what you asked...is there a team whos jersey does match up with team name....so I replied. or is that not your question your asking?
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Added later: Question: Is there a team who's jersey does not match up with team name???

Symbonite wrote:Thats what you asked...is there a team whos jersey does match up with team name....so I replied. or is that not your question your asking?

My bad Symbonite, I missed the word not
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

So the pre-season roster is available 8 fewer players then last years play-off team, here you can compare the 2 rosters:
2015 Memorial Cup roster http://whl.ca/roster/index/team/204/season/last
2015-16 Pre-season roster as of Sept 01 http://whl.ca/roster/index/team/204/season/252
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Great opportunity for Jackson Whistle: http://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/146 ... Young-Star
P_J_Manning

Post by P_J_Manning »

OK, I'm getting more than a little pee'd off with Castanet and the Rockets reporting.

Last season I clicked the 'typo' button after every game. Typos weren't really the only issue though, it was completely wrong information. Number of goals, who scored them, when. Even things like one game apparently had 2 OT goals.
The way things are written make no sense, in one game Merkley passed to Merkley who scored etc.

I understand that sometimes there are deadline pressures, but seriously, it takes 2 minutes to get someone to proof-read your work.
Not that pressure often applies though, sometimes the report doesn't appear until the next morning. And that leads me to today!
9am the 'report' was put up, and it is a 100% cut and paste from the Rockets official page (that was put up around 10:30 last night) (linky http://www.kelownarockets.com/article/rockets-pg ).

How lazy can you get?
OK it was a pre-season game, but to not even send anyone!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

P_J_Manning wrote:OK, I'm getting more than a little pee'd off with Castanet and the Rockets reporting.

Last season I clicked the 'typo' button after every game. Typos weren't really the only issue though, it was completely wrong information. Number of goals, who scored them, when. Even things like one game apparently had 2 OT goals.
The way things are written make no sense, in one game Merkley passed to Merkley who scored etc.

I understand that sometimes there are deadline pressures, but seriously, it takes 2 minutes to get someone to proof-read your work.
Not that pressure often applies though, sometimes the report doesn't appear until the next morning. And that leads me to today!
9am the 'report' was put up, and it is a 100% cut and paste from the Rockets official page (that was put up around 10:30 last night) (linky http://www.kelownarockets.com/article/rockets-pg ).

How lazy can you get?
OK it was a pre-season game, but to not even send anyone!

I don't even bother reading castanet sports (any of it) I go to teams site or league site.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Now its still early. It appears the apple may not have fallen far from the tree with Cal Foote, son of former NHL player Adam Foote.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Beginning of a new season.

GO ROCKETS GO!!!

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”