Kelowna Rockets

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Kelowna Rockets

Post by GordonH »

Cast your vote on top 50 WHL players of all time: http://top50.whl.ca/whl/top50/home
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Rockets are about 20% done in the season, they are holding on to first in Western Conference & 5th spot overall in the league.
They are doing okay, even though they lost number of players to age. Hopefully they continue to do well.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

Yes Gordon and wait till Merkley starts going. After a slow start with 7 points in 10 games he's too good of a player not to start putting up great numbers. There's no reason for the Rockets not to repeat as BC Division and Conference Champions.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

CHL top 10 Rankings as of Nov 12:
1) Kitchener Rangers (14-1-3-0)
2) Erie Otters (14-2-1-0)
3) Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (17-2-3-1)
4) Shawinigan Cataractes (18-4-0-0)
5) Red Deer Rebels (14-6-0-0)
6) Victoria Royals (14-5-0-1)
7) London Knights (12-2-1-1)
8) Kelowna Rockets (14-5-0-0)
9) Windsor Spitfires (12-4-3-0)
10) Lethbridge Hurricanes (12-5-0-0)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

10 wins in last 11 games has put Kelowna Rockets in #1 in WHL.

As of November 25 they moved up the overall rankings from #8 to now #4 in CHL.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ agreed

There on ice play is also doing very well.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Coming up to 2/3 of the season:

CHL Rankings As of January 20th
1) Erie Otters
2) London Knights
3) Val-d'Or Foreurs
4) Rouyn-Noranda Huskies
5) Kitchener Rangers
6) Lethbridge Hurricanes
7) Kelowna Rockets
8) Moncton Wildcats
9) Gatineau Olympiques
10) Everett Silvertips

Points wise Kelowna is #4 in CHL & #1 WHL

Keep it up
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

WHL teams are down to 11 to 15 games remaining in the season.

If the standing don't change for Kelowna they would face Kamloops or Spokane in first round.

Victoria would have battle on there hands with PG

Playoff's start just after March 20th.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Hopefully the Rockets get the *bleep* kicked, but it's looking more and more likely that they will be the ones kicking *bleep* this year. They could go quite deep into the playoffs.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Headlines from last nights game made me laugh, Rockets take down Giants. Its because Vancouver Giants are the worst team in Western Conference of WHL.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It's looking like a Kamloops vs Kelowna first round matchup, Victoria is up 4 points with most likely matchup with Spokane.

Added: Regular season match ups between Kelowna & Kamloops, Kelowna won 5 while Kamloops won 3.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

GordonH wrote:It's looking like a Kamloops vs Kelowna first round matchup, Victoria is up 4 points with most likely matchup with Spokane.

Added: Regular season match ups between Kelowna & Kamloops, Kelowna won 5 while Kamloops won 3.
Losing Merkley and Whistle were big blows. I don't see the Rockets going very far into the playoffs but they've certainly had a great run over the past few years.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Urbane wrote: Losing Merkley and Whistle were big blows. I don't see the Rockets going very far into the playoffs but they've certainly had a great run over the past few years.

Yes losing Merkley and Whistle has definitely taken a toll on the team. It was looking like they were going to make a run for another WHL title, but I don't think so anymore. Herringer has played good, but he has not had the playoff experience. Though Whistle never had playoff experience either till last year (except for 1 game). Guess we will see. Go Rockets Go!
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Last nights game against Victoria is pretty clear indication the loss of Merkley and Whistle is catching up to the team.
Knowing the backup goalie does not appear to have much if any playing time so far, may not help Rockets chances in playoffs.
They may make it passed Kamloops (fingers crossed) second round different story.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”