Kelowna Rockets

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Kelowna Rockets

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:Looked better in the first period then *bleep* ???? Well at least they got a win out of it.
What I hate right now is parking anywhere near Prospera, and refuse to pay 15 bucks to park in the lot. Seems to be getting harder and harder to find parking

I walk to the games, in last few years they have lost number of regulars due to age & a third coach in as many years. It would be good year to just make the playoffs impo
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

GordonH wrote:
I walk to the games, in last few years they have lost number of regulars due to age & a third coach in as many years. It would be good year to just make the playoffs impo

I do hope you are wrong on this one.

The way they played last night in the first period, put three of those together and they might be a little tougher then you think. Also stay out of the penalty box, oh that hurts....

In reality we have quiet a few back from last season, which should form a good base. All we need is Dube and some solid structure, and we won't be laughed out of the league. Will have to see!!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ read from page 28 of this thread to see how many players have been lost to being over aged. Meanwhile other teams in BC division that have been bring in younger players last couple years, are now really to be top teams in division.

Teams I'm thinking of are:
Giants
Cougars
Blazers
Of course last years top team in BC division Royals
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

GordonH wrote:^^^ read from page 28 of this thread to see how many players have been lost to being over aged. Meanwhile other teams in BC division that have been bring in younger players last couple years, are now really to be top teams in division.

Teams I'm thinking of are:
Giants
Cougars
Blazers
Of course last years top team in BC division Royals

Will be a very interesting game with Royals... 4-3 for us, I suggest.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

would walk if we could but live walkable distance to prospera.
Maybe they can put together 3 good periods tonight....
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Excellent win over Victoria :up: :up:
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Good win for the guys last night, they seem to be starting to "click", still too many penalties but a win is a win.
Now to find parking close by would be a double bonus for us, again last night, and who would think on a Wednesday that you would have to practically park on Bernard.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Thoughts on the season so far ?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:Thoughts on the season so far ?

Between losing a number of long term players (due to age) over last couple years, add to that numerous coaching changes in last 3 seasons.
Playing .600 hockey is pretty darn good impo.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bubalouie wrote:Thoughts on the season so far ?

They are clearly the most hated team in the league because the refs keep giving them penalties for no reason. This is not fair. If they weren't the only team with over 500PIM, they'd be in first place by a mile.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote:They are clearly the most hated team in the league because the refs keep giving them penalties for no reason. This is not fair. If they weren't the only team with over 500PIM, they'd be in first place by a mile.

It's adversity that happens, so far Rockets are handling okay.
Gypsylady
Fledgling

Post by Gypsylady »

Congratulations rockets on a great road trip, you are for real.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Gypsylady wrote:Congratulations rockets on a great road trip, you are for real.

Not really. They don't even has as many points as Prince George, and PG sucks so bad that they've never even been close to winning the Memorial Cup.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Gypsylady wrote:Congratulations rockets on a great road trip, you are for real.

Glacier wrote:Not really. They don't even has as many points as Prince George, and PG sucks so bad that they've never even been close to winning the Memorial Cup.

PG is the top team in WHL, Kelowna is #5 in WHL out of 22 teams (thats not to bad).
Memorial Cup is very hardest Championships to win.
BC team with most appearances at the Memorial Cup is Kamloops at 6 with 3 wins. Team with most appearances in CHL is Regina at 15 with 4 wins.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

GordonH wrote:PG is the top team in WHL, Kelowna is #5 in WHL out of 22 teams (thats not to bad).
Memorial Cup is very hardest Championships to win.
BC team with most appearances at the Memorial Cup is Kamloops at 6 with 3 wins. Team with most appearances in CHL is Regina at 15 with 4 wins.

PG has never even made it past the first round of the playoffs (some something like that). That suck. They're the laughing stock of the WHL. Any team that can't beat them is a disgrace to the profession.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”