Kelowna Rockets

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kelowna Rockets

Post by jaz301 »

Holy Crap! Did anyone else listen to the game? I could hardly breathe it was so intense, especially the last few min. But in the end Rocket hold onto their 1 goal lead. 2-1 final. :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: ROCKETS ARE OFF TO THE SEMI FINALS!!!!!! :nyah: :nyah: :nyah:
Life is too sho......
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

That was unbelievable!!! I have an overly-large whisky and a lager chaser to calm my nerves! Well done, guys. :nyah:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Way to go our Kelowna Rockets. :nyah: :nyah:

So I would guess that Kelowna will be playing Tri-City. Ouch top team in Western Conference of the WHL.

Go Rockets Go
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

[quote="whatisupcastanet"]Way to go our Kelowna Rockets. :nyah: :nyah:

So I would guess that Kelowna will be playing Tri-City. Ouch top team in Western Conference of the WHL. /quote]

Yeah we are playing in Tri-city. It will be tough. Way tougher than it was against Everett.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 9:30am for home games April 6 and 7th. Heard Gord and Regan talking on the radio that the Rockets deserve a full house when they come back so buy those tickets.
Life is too sho......
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

Everett really had the Rockets' number. I think/hope that Tri-City will not be so well researched on us.

Yes, those empty seats are embarrassing--let's get 'em filled!
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Maybe if it was more affordable, those seats would be full........
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Bubalouie wrote:Maybe if it was more affordable, those seats would be full........

I think the tickets are reasonably price. $20 for a ticket is not that bad. You would pay twice that much at an NHL game.
Life is too sho......
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

Thrifty folk would simply opt for "Standing" tickets at $16.00 each, then get creative.
Standing(not on sale yet) = $16
Regular seating(bowl) = $24 for adults
Regular seating(bowl) = $21 for students
Regular seating(bowl) = $18 for child, 12 & under?
Regular seating(bowl) = $21 for seniors
Posh seats(club) = $30 all
Pub = $30 all
Pub rail seat with buffet = $59
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

jaz301 wrote:
Bubalouie wrote:Maybe if it was more affordable, those seats would be full........

I think the tickets are reasonably price. $20 for a ticket is not that bad. You would pay twice that much at an NHL game.

Rockets tickets are good value. Jaz you maybe surprised the $$$ for a NHL games is lets say you would like to see Vancouver vs Calgary @ GM place (lower bowl section 109) subtotal for single ticket will cost you $173.50 (does not include taxes or other fees). A lot more then double a WHL game.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Born_again wrote:Thrifty folk would simply opt for "Standing" tickets at $16.00 each, then get creative.
Standing(not on sale yet) = $16
Regular seating(bowl) = $24 for adults
Regular seating(bowl) = $21 for students
Regular seating(bowl) = $18 for child, 12 & under?
Regular seating(bowl) = $21 for seniors
Posh seats(club) = $30 all
Pub = $30 all
Pub rail seat with buffet = $59

Oh right. I forgot about that. Ticket prices go up in the playoffs(every round they go up higher2 I think)
Life is too sho......
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

RR24K wrote:
jaz301 wrote:

Rockets tickets are good value. Jaz you maybe surprised the $$$ for a NHL games is lets say you would like to see Vancouver vs Calgary @ GM place (lower bowl section 109) subtotal for single ticket will cost you $173.50 (does not include taxes or other fees). A lot more then double a WHL game.

Oh I know they are not cheap. Never been to a game, but I have checked prices.
Life is too sho......
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I can't speak for others, but it's the fact that ticket prices have increased 50% in the last six years, that keeps me away. I just can't stomach the notion of paying $21 for something that used to be $14. The games certainly aren't more entertaining than they were then. I don't begrudge Mr. Hamilton the right to charge as much as he can get away with though.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

JayByrd wrote:I can't speak for others, but it's the fact that ticket prices have increased 50% in the last six years, that keeps me away. I just can't stomach the notion of paying $21 for something that used to be $14. The games certainly aren't more entertaining than they were then. I don't begrudge Mr. Hamilton the right to charge as much as he can get away with though.

I am pretty sure its not just Rockets that are increasing prices. I am sure lots of other teams do it 2. People are still going to the games so I don't think they really care.. And besides everything goes up in price over the years. Just the way the world works.
Life is too sho......
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

So I thought would check this out:

Hitman vs Tigers $37.75 (before taxes and fees) Wow

Kelowna vs Tri-City $26.00 " " section 104 corner

Vancouver vs TBD $23.00 " "

Still much cheaper than any NHL game.

Vernon Viper vs Powell River kings $14.00
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

whatisupcastanet wrote:So I thought would check this out:

Hitman vs Tigers $37.75 (before taxes and fees) Wow

Kelowna vs Tri-City $26.00 " " section 104 corner

Vancouver vs TBD $23.00 " "

Still much cheaper than any NHL game.

Vernon Viper vs Powell River kings $14.00

You really cant get good entertainment at a cheaper price.
Life is too sho......

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”