Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by jaz301 »

Poindexter wrote:IMO we didn't need Miller with Lack playing well enough to win but I'm in the minority on that one. Miller was the best goalie available and having leadership in net seems to be important to a sometimes mentally fragile team so he's probably going to prove me wrong.

The thing was we had 2 goalies (Lack and Markstrom) with 88 NHL games between them. Having a great veteran goaltender provides a safe zone. I am going to assume Miller will be the starting goaltender, but hopefully coach will king of split them. Maybe like 51 games for Miller and 31 games for Lack.

Another though: Is lack even going to be on the team? Between Lack and Markstrom one of them has to go. Will they send the other one to the AHL or trade them away?
Last edited by jaz301 on Jul 3rd, 2014, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too sho......
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:IMO we didn't need Miller with Lack playing well enough to win but I'm in the minority on that one. Miller was the best goalie available and having leadership in net seems to be important to a sometimes mentally fragile team so he's probably going to prove me wrong.

jaz301 wrote:The thing was we had 2 goalies (Lack and Markstrom) with 88 NHL games between them. Having a great veteran goaltender provides a safe zone. I am going to assume Miller will be the starting goaltender, but hopefully coach will king of split them. Maybe like 51 games for Miller and 31 games for Lack.

Another though: Is lack even going to be on the team? Between Lack and Markstrom one of them has to go. Will they send the other one to the AHL or trade them away?

No rush moving either Lack or Markstrom.
Lack $1.15 mil until becomes UFA on July 1, 2016
Markstrom $1.2 mil until next July 1 when he become RFA
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

what people have to realize is that we are going to need a crap team for 10 years to get the draft pics.

look at the black hawks/Pittsburgh/kings

they had to go through a whole lot of crap before multiple Stanley cups
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

With the signing of Chris Tanev to 1 year contact, Vancouver just has 4 players unsigned.

Linden Vey (last season salary $790,000)
Jordan Schroeder (last season salary $900,000)
Zac Dalpe (last season salary $550,000)
Andrew Alberts (last season salary $600,000)

Who get cut or has their salary lowered, Vancouver remaining Cap space is $2,150,556.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

They will sign Linden Vey for sure. It's confirmed that they will not sign Jordan Schroeder. I can't imagine they would sign Alberts, either.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

6 to 3 loss in Dallas is the first wake-up call for Vancouver, now wait and see now they do against Montreal on Oct 30th.

After that next games of interest will be in California November 6, 8 & 9.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

1 for 2 so far in California next up top team in the league Anaheim Ducks, most likely Miller will start. Of course LA chase him out of the net.
Hopefully he has a better game today.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Canucks are off to a better start than I thought they would. Win tonight would put them first in the Pacific division.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Canucks are off to a better start than I thought they would. Win tonight would put them first in the Pacific division.

They are doing better then I expected, tonight will be the hardest of the 3 California games.

4 main teams to beat in the West are as follows (IMO):
Chicago
Anaheim
LA
San Jose
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

That was a great game last night and to have it decided by a head to head shootout featuring Bonino and Kesler was icing on the cake.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

DO NOT WANT TO BURST some of you guys bubble but vancouver will not make it out of the west anymore, they had there chance a few years ago and blew it, come playoff time la and chicago go into beast mode and vancouver does not stand a chance
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

The Canucks looked really good on this road trip through California netting 3 points out of a possible 4, a very good sign if they make playoffs.

But did anyone else think it was odd that the Canucks only got 5 seconds of power play over the 2 games, not a very good sign if they make playoffs.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

They can't score on the power play anyhow but need to stay out of the penalty box.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I'm not expecting much out of Vancouver this season, just any improvement over last year would be good thing. As new young players come on board, thats when I expect bigger things out of Vancouver Canucks.

Trevor, Jim & Willie are doing what they can to get things moving in the right direction.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Bsuds wrote:They can't score on the power play anyhow but need to stay out of the penalty box.

Agreed but it's pretty tough to get good at something without much practice.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”