Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
tommythecat
Fledgling

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by tommythecat »

Well I agree with him that there is no way to put the sedin's out there, he could have put his 3rd line out... Anyway I wonder if he has to pay his own way to his hearing or if the Canucks foot the bill for that expense. And what about players when they have in person hearings, who pays for they're travel expenses?
Positive energy activates constant elevation
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

They make enough money they can afford to pay their own expenses when they mess up!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
tommythecat
Fledgling

Post by tommythecat »

Yeah no kidding! I wonder if they actually do though.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Would be interesting to know. Maybe it depends on whether they are found guilty or not.
Usually when someone is called to attend a meeting they are guilty and it's just the punishment yet to be determined.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:Would be interesting to know. Maybe it depends on whether they are found guilty or not.
Usually when someone is called to attend a meeting they are guilty and it's just the punishment yet to be determined.

I expect to see a suspension for the incident outside of the Flames dressing room, how many games I guess wait and see.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

They have been going down hill since they resigned the twins, with them they will never win the cup. Style the team in kesslers way of playing.
tommythecat
Fledgling

Post by tommythecat »

Bsuds wrote:Would be interesting to know. Maybe it depends on whether they are found guilty or not.

Ya that's true
tommythecat
Fledgling

Post by tommythecat »

alfred2 wrote:They have been going down hill since they resigned the twins, with them they will never win the cup. Style the team in kesslers way of playing.

Bahaahaha.

Kesler's a goof. He's got a decent shot that's about it. I laughed so hard after these comments he made after they played the kings a week or so ago...

photo.JPG

Those comments reminded me of what Loo said during the cup finals..

"It's not hard (to stop) if you're playing in the paint," he said at the time. "It's an easy save for me, but if you're wandering out, that's going to happen."

He then tried to explain those comments a day later but just ended up adding fuel to the fire by implying Thomas hadn't been complimenting him enough.

"I said also that he might make some saves that I don't, so I was just saying on that particular play I would have played it different and that's the difference between me and him," Luongo said.

"I've been pumping his tires ever since the series started and I haven't heard one nice thing he had to say about me, so that's the way it is," he said.

Canucks are a bunch of whiner's just like they're fans. That's how they always find a way to lose!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup 10/10
they will never win the cup with the group of guys they have now.the sedins and lack are the only guys worth keeping the rest trade em all
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

John Tortorella suspended 15 days, which works out to 6 games.

The Calgary Coach is fined $25,000 for his role in starting his 4th line in a premeditated attempt to start a fight.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hassel99 wrote:John Tortorella suspended 15 days, which works out to 6 games.

The Calgary Coach is fined $25,000 for his role in starting his 4th line in a premeditated attempt to start a fight.

I was expecting to see more actual game suspension.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Really glad to see the Calgary coach fined for his roll in this. The Team as a whole should be fined as well. There is no reason Players should have to follow a Coach that pulls this kind of stuff.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Not surprised Hartley was fined but disagree with the amount; should of been less. With Totroella, he certainly deserved a stiffer suspension. He could of avoided the whole thing by starting the 2nd or 3rd line. He didn't need to try and get to the Flames room. He has quite the history of these type of antics and the league should of used this as an opportunity to really teach him a lesson.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Opposing dressing rooms should not be near each other in the first place. Having said that there seems to be very little sportsmanship in professional sports.
tommythecat
Fledgling

Post by tommythecat »

Meh, As much as the NHL says they don't want any of these line brawls and coache's goin off like torts did, it brings a huge amount of attention to the game. Whether for good or bad reasons it's still attention which is good for business...

That being said I believe the punishment was suitable on both ends. 15 days of coaching is a lot of time away from your team.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”