Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by GordonH »

It looking like Willie Desjardins is front runner in Vancouver.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Looking at his coaching stats he had good record. Hopefully he can do something with the canucks.
Life is too sho......
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

looks like he is an offence first coach, apart from the sisters who can put points on the scoreboard ,who's left
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

the truth wrote:looks like he is an offence first coach, apart from the sisters who can put points on the scoreboard ,who's left

They haven't put much for points on the board this last season.
I think they're what, 36 years old now.
Geritol and a pension check.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup canucks really need to shake things up at the draft this week, trades, whatever,something anything
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

im amazed at the indignance of the mainsteam media at desjardins decision to go with vancouver over pitsburg. its almost like dregger had desjardins bags packed for him and was willing to sign the contract for him. i think willie made the right choice. no sidney crybaby. and all the other primadonnas on that pits team. besides they are not in a rebuild and any coach will be on the hotseat right off the bat. at least this way willie gets to do what he does best. build a team and winners.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

YAY! We got rid of Kesler for forward Nick Bonino, defenceman Luca Sbisa and the 24th overall pick in the 2014 NHL Draft.

Bonino is a fairly young forward who ended up with 49pts last year with Anaheim, more than Kesler got with the Canucks last year. The down side is that he's American...but that's nothing too serious :) He's played in the playoffs 3 different years so he brings some experience. He's not big but neither is Kesler.

Luca Sbisa is Italian, I don't think anything more needs to be said.

Getting a first round draft pick is potentially huge. I think this was a great trade. Any time you can get rid of someone who doesn't want to be there, who's been rotting away and under performing for years....you've done a good thing. Getting back something substantial in return is great for the Canucks. Both the players the Canucks picked up make less combined than Kesler did by himself. Sbisa is actually a first round pick who has lots of potential but has had several setbacks from injury in his young career.

I'm excited about the Canucks having 2 first round picks on thursday.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

imo no one won in this trade bonino points came with the help of perry and getzlaf so I assume his point total will drop next year as he will not be playing with these great players again
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

the truth wrote:imo no one won in this trade bonino points came with the help of perry and getzlaf so I assume his point total will drop next year as he will not be playing with these great players again

He was a 2nd and 3rd line center, he did not play alot with perry or getzlaf.

In Kelser you're talking about a guy who was once a potentially great team leader who (through injury) turned into an average (at best) 2nd line player. Sure he's had some decent numbers but who wouldn't playing on the Canucks top 2 lines over the past 5 years? Kesler has never overcome his injuries. He has continued to be totally inconsistent and has never lived up to expectations. He's also been wanting out for some time and somewhat rotting away in Vancouver.

I see Vancouver as the clear winner of this trade, especially with the 1st rd draft pick. The Ducks are banking on the hopes that Kesler will return to his form of years ago....when he had ONE good season. He has never been the same since...and moving to Anaheim isn't likely going to change that.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

Canucks are on the clock right now...awaiting their 6th pick in the first round..

We also just got rid of Jason Garrison and his big contract.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

Nice, a talented Canadian forward. Jake Virtanen. Played for the Calgary Hitmen...racked up some impressive numbers, 45 goals in 71 games last year. Super physical, great skater and solid puck skills.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

There has certainly been a change made within the Canucks organization. They are acquiring high quality players instead of high priced players in the draft. That will leave a bit of money for free agent deals along the way.

Three years to the Stanley Cup ...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sorry they had there chance at the cup,its going to be a loooooooong wait now
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

the truth wrote:sorry they had there chance at the cup,its going to be a loooooooong wait now

Vancouver Canucks 2026 Stanley Cup Champions.
Life is too sho......

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”