Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by Poindexter »

Wow dannyboy, you need to cut back on the caffeine. If you're saying the Canucks were better off in these playoffs with Vey, Bonino and Sbiza instead of Kesler and Garrison then you also need to cut back on what you're smoking.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

Poindexter wrote:Wow dannyboy, you need to cut back on the caffeine. If you're saying the Canucks were better off in these playoffs with Vey, Bonino and Sbiza instead of Kesler and Garrison then you also need to cut back on what you're smoking.

Once again, you're not getting it. The Canucks can literally not have Kesler and Garrison on this team at the same time, even if Vey, Bonino and Sbiza were traded for them, they'd be over the cap. So if you want to make a comparison...do it within' reality.

By the way, Kesler was did a perennial disappearing act everytime the playoffs came around so why would you even care if he was on our team? Garrison has done absolutely nothing, his +/- is even and he has 3 pts in 8 games playing on the top defensive line. If you're trying to tell me we would have been better off with those 2 losers in our lineup then you're one that needs to drop the caffeine out of your diet...because you ain't thinkin' right. Oh, did I mention that those 2 players were being paid well over 11 million dollars the last year they played for the Canucks? Vey, Bonino and Sbiza are making a combined 5 million?

Do you even have the capacity to understand that by signing Vey, Bonino and Sbiza it allowed us to pick up a player like Vrbata who had a spectacular year with 31 goals and 32 assists. Now, if you're telling me you would rather see us get rid of Vrbata, Vey, Sbiza and Bonino and take back Garrison and Kesler....then you need to give your head a shake. Did you really not even think this far into the comparison of these players? Did you just wake up??
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I see you're still pounding back that caffeine there dannyboy. :(

It was just unrealistic speculation, I realize there were cap issues and that Kesler wanted out. I simply said that the Canucks would have been better off in these playoffs with Garrison and Kesler. It really wasn't necessary for you to take it so literally and get your knickers in a twist.

I look forward to your long and venomous response on how you in fact have your knickers in a knot, not a twist. ;)
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Poindexter wrote:Shame about the Sedins. Love watching them work their magic on the big ice surface.

Can't help but wonder if the Canucks would still be playing if they had Kesler and Garrison in the line up. Bonino and Sbiza were a bust as well as Vey who they eventually ended up with for Garrison. :(

Do you know what the Sedins say during those real tough games in April?
Mind if we play through?

How are the Sedins introduced during those tough games in April?
Now on the first tee...

In September Danial and Henrick purchased twin puppies and they thought it was apt. During the fall the puppies where energetic, fun to watch and exciting, however, when spring rolled around all the puppies wanted to do was roll over and have their bellies rubbed. Told you it was apt.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

For good or bad Canucks are stuck with the twins, unless they wave there NTC & NMC or retire before the end of current contracts. Which was done by Mike Gillis.

Added: they become UFA in 2018-19 season
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

So Canucks are shopping out Bieksa, Lack or Markstrom. Looks like deal is about to go down before the draft tomorrow on 1 of goalies.

Joacim Eriksson (Goalie) - Signed with European team Dinamo Riga (KHL-Russia)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

was lack not the future.??????
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Yep, I guess if he's worth more as trade then so be it.

Calgary boosted there defence by getting Dougie Hamilton from Boston at costly price 3 2015 draft picks.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

flames defence will be looking good next year
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

No deals with Vancouver, even though Jim Benning mentioned they were close to one yesterday. I guess just not close enough

Next big day is July 1 & free agency

The 3 big winners today are Calgary, LA & Buffalo (yes, Edmonton with McDaivd that was known on draft lottery day)

Added later:
Canucks need to bring in new young talent if they expect to compete for playoff spot, unfortunately with NTC & NMC it places management in impossible spot. Pacific division is only going to get harder to reach those top 3 spots, with the Central division being as good as they are those wildcard spots will be very hard to make as well.
As it stands right now I don't see Vancouver making the 2016 play-offs
Anaheim
LAK
Calgary
With the changes in Edmonton I expect them to be in the mix next season. Not naming any but few NTC players need to move-on or retire.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Check the link below Canucks made a trade
http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/trade-tracker

Added: Markstrom will be Miller's backup next season.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

This has got to be tough to watch for Canucks fans...the Flames (Hamilton), Oilers (McDavid) and Kings (Lucic) all got better this weekend, and Vancouver's response was to get very little in return for the very popular Eddie Lack.

While there may be a move for a depth/AHL goalie yet to come, the Canucks are now a Ryan Miller injury away from a Jakob Markstrom/Joe Cannata tandem in the NHL.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

JayByrd wrote:This has got to be tough to watch for Canucks fans...the Flames (Hamilton), Oilers (McDavid) and Kings (Lucic) all got better this weekend, and Vancouver's response was to get very little in return for the very popular Eddie Lack.

While there may be a move for a depth/AHL goalie yet to come, the Canucks are now a Ryan Miller injury away from a Jakob Markstrom/Joe Cannata tandem in the NHL.

Assets Vancouver have are old & tied up with NTC or no team wants both twins. Improvement for the Canucks will mean some really lean/ bottom dwelling times.

Added: hopefully these players that fit aging NTC comments will either move on or retire. lol l know as if

Edmonton have improved more so by getting a #1 goalie in Cam Talbot
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so canucks trade luongo for nothing, they keep cory ,s they trade cory ,s for nothing they keep lack because they say he was the goalie of the future. now they trade lack for a 3rd and 7th round pick for- nothing- ????????? ok then
Last edited by the truth on Jun 30th, 2015, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:so canucks trade luongo for nothing, they keep lack because they say he was the goalie of the future. now they trade lack for a 3rd and 7th round pick- nothing- ????????? ok then

Yes & no, never know what diamonds in the rough can be found in later draft spots.

Here are a couple examples:
Nicklas Lidstrom 3rd 53rd overall
Tomas Holmstrom 10th 257th overall
Pavel Datsyuk 6th 171st overall

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”