Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:dieseluphammerdown is their coach that you think could get the job done in Vancouver.
As I've pervious mentioned the number of untouchable players on Canucks due to NTC's, creates massive problem rebuilding a team.

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Willie has to many times has mismanaged game situations and imo has directly caused
loses through these choices.
Well imnot a fan of NTC or NMC this again imo has not cost the Canucks as many games as poor coaching decisions have.

As for coaches I'd like to see behind the bench, Ted Nolan, Randy Carlyle, or even the return of Marc Crawford.

Making trades has been made so much harder with so many NTC & NMC, so the only area's that can be improved are those players not covered by either of those clauses. Now a couple players did pull the pug on there NTC, mostly seen the sinking ship called the SS Canucks.

I'd be willing to give Ted Nolan crack at Vancouver Canucks, Randy maybe. Since Trevor played under Marc from 2001 to 2008, got wonder when Trevor took over did he ask.
I was not fan of Marc myself, after the whole Todd Bertuzzi mess and his unofficial roll in that. I place him 1 peg below Mike Keenan as public enemy #1 in Vancouver.

Looking at the other teams in Pacific Division, first 2 thing I see is speed & size. The 2016-17 season hopefully gets better then this one. Since the Canucks are 12 points out of wildcard spot, its all but over.

Once Edmonton gets good defence, they will take off. Which I suspect is going to happen in off-season, between Nicholson, Chiarelli & coach McLellan they will get that done. With so many #1 in there lineup they have massive trade bait.

Going back and watching Kelowna Rockets instead.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Not sure the teams chances next year are even worth buying out Willie's contract. Not thrilled with his decisions most nights, such as taking Vrbata off the Sedins line but a good teacher for the youth. IMO he's too nervous looking to be an nhl coach, looks like he's going to crap himself behid the bench most nights and can't instill a lot of confidence as seen by many third period chokes. However tough to blame him for a team that relied so heavily on teenagers and the elderly. Just wish Benning had sent vrbata to the minors regardless of whether he was kicked up on waivers. Also trading miller would have been wise, maybe no trade hampered that too though. All about the draft this year and a waste to mediocre at this point.

Go Rockets! :)
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:Not sure the teams chances next year are even worth buying out Willie's contract. Not thrilled with his decisions most nights, such as taking Vrbata off the Sedins line but a good teacher for the youth. IMO he's too nervous looking to be an nhl coach, looks like he's going to crap himself behid the bench most nights and can't instill a lot of confidence as seen by many third period chokes. However tough to blame him for a team that relied so heavily on teenagers and the elderly. Just wish Benning had sent vrbata to the minors regardless of whether he was kicked up on waivers. Also trading miller would have been wise, maybe no trade hampered that too though. All about the draft this year and a waste to mediocre at this point.

Go Rockets! :)

He looked that way as coach of Medicine Hat Tigers 2002-10
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The Vancouver Canucks ... Our very own NHL Farm Club for the next few years.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Donald G wrote:The Vancouver Canucks ... Our very own NHL Farm Club for the next few years.

lol!
True but they've looked really good lately despite the youth first movement, maybe starting to pay off even if it's too little too late. Fans at Rogers got a great show last night defeating the hottest team in the league, playing with grit and a lot more fun to watch. Good sign for next season.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

canucks adult daycare , time to change the players.You could see how slow the twins are,burrows is done, give the kids a chance to play they have some passion for the game.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Logically Vancouver is out of playoffs along with all the other Canadian teams.

If each Canadian team was to win there remaining games this is the best they could do:

Eastern teams
Ottawa 94 points
Montreal 94 points
Toronto 83 points

Western teams
Vancouver 90 points
Calgary 88 points
Edmonton 81 points
Winnipeg 85 points

Not a chance of Canadian club in 2016 NHL playoffs, Gary could not be happier

Back to watching local hockey
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Where would the Canucks be without stellar goaltending? Unfortunately we may find out. Roland Melanson is set to leave the team in the off season. A huge blow to a team with some great young tenders in the system. Yet another bitter pill to swallow for Canuck fans.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:Where would the Canucks be without stellar goaltending? Unfortunately we may find out. Roland Melanson is set to leave the team in the off season. A huge blow to a team with some great young tenders in the system. Yet another bitter pill to swallow for Canuck fans.

Guess who's on staff as a consultant that could be the next goalie coach, oh yes he's back Dan Cloutier. If so hopefully he is hell of lot better coach then actual goalie.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

A win by both Edmonton & Toronto (lol) would cause the Canucks to be tied for #1 Draft pick with Toronto.

Very sad to see 5 of 7 Canadian clubs within 3 points of the bottom of the league (Gary must be overjoyed).
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

If spectators are not paying attention to the play on the ice this could happen.
http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/162691/ ... -sues-team
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

The Canucks just can't catch a break, I'm not unhappy with the 5th over all pick but pretty hard to be excited about a d-man who is at least 2 years away from playing. Especially when Matthew Tkachuk was available and would have filled an immediate need in scoring. Meanwhile Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton couldn't have asked for a better outcome.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Isn't that typical of Vancouver? Don't they usually pick someone from the NBA draft.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:The Canucks just can't catch a break, I'm not unhappy with the 5th over all pick but pretty hard to be excited about a d-man who is at least 2 years away from playing. Especially when Matthew Tkachuk was available and would have filled an immediate need in scoring. Meanwhile Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

Hopefully Jacob Markström playing at Worlds will carry over to 2016-17 season. Looking at whats in the system they do appear heavy on forwards & light on defence, of course with so many with NMC getting them into lineup is hard part.
Depending on what happens with free agency and who leaves.

Vancouver has a aging core with pretty well all having either or both NTC &/or NMC, makes for rough ride for management..... coaches & of course the Fans.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I don't get Benning, no one is interested in limping into the playoffs or ending up just outside. He seems to think all we need is a couple of peices and all will be fine and fans will be excited. He's delusional, fans would have been more than happy to see some loosing seasons as long as our young players were getting ice time and selecting high in the draft. Instead he trades away some of the youth and thier picks. His resume highlights his scouting ability yet only had one pick in the top 139, how stupid is this? Maybe he sees a small window with Miller and Sedins but IMO that window is closed. Let the older players with NTC's play out the remainder of thier contracts and build a team for the future in the draft. Instead he's doomed us to a mediocre team for the forseable future and delayed a rebuild for another 2 or 3 years that is long overdue.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”