Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by Danielson99 »

GordonH wrote:That would depend if he wants to leave his current position as NHL Senior VP Player Safety.

yeah because that's such a coveted position *cough*

Not that I would want Brendan but I'm sure he would gladly give up that hideous and much hated job for the big step up into management.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Flames would likely give Burke up for a bag of pucks.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:That would depend if he wants to leave his current position as NHL Senior VP Player Safety.

Danielson99 wrote:yeah because that's such a coveted position *cough*

Not that I would want Brendan but I'm sure he would gladly give up that hideous and much hated job for the big step up into management.

Oh so you have talked to Mr. Shanahan and he told you he does not like/enjoy his current position, then Okay have the Aquilini's call Mr. Shanahan ASAP. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

GordonH wrote:Oh so you have talked to Mr. Shanahan and he told you he does not like/enjoy his current position, then Okay have the Aquilini's call Mr. Shanahan ASAP. lol

*removed* Dude that's way out there....and answering it would require me to enter into the same astral plane that you're on to fully understand it.
Last edited by Merry on Apr 9th, 2014, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Trevor Linden is going to be named president of hockey operations tomorrow.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Oh so you have talked to Mr. Shanahan and he told you he does not like/enjoy his current position, then Okay have the Aquilini's call Mr. Shanahan ASAP. lol

Danielson99 wrote:*removed* Dude that's way out there....and answering it would require me to enter into the same astral plane that you're on to fully understand it.

Please re-read my post, especially pay attention to last 3 letters.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

Trevor Linden as president and GM of the canucks. smart choice if it becomes a reality if for no other reason that he was a fan favorite during his playing days.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

works for me
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
tgm929
Board Meister

Post by tgm929 »

Logitack wrote:Trevor Linden as president and GM of the canucks. smart choice if it becomes a reality if for no other reason that he was a fan favorite during his playing days.

Looks like he'll be president and will hire a GM, similar to the way they did it in Colorado with Sakic. Nice timing of making the announcement the day season ticket renewal is due.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Hiring Linden does make sense, seasons ticket purchases are apparently in the dumps and Linden is well liked by the faithful.

I know this wont happen but if there is anyway possible to convince Bob Mckenzie to give up his cushy commentator role for the thankless job of Canuck GM they should go for it. If there was such a thing as a hockey Yoda, it be Bob. He even looks a little Yodalike. But well respected, great with media and could handle the Canuck throng. Just him alone upgrades our scouting staff enourmously. I know it'll never happen but when hiring Feister starts being rumored I'm willing to go off the grid.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Messier could 'guarantee' a stanley cup if he managed the Canucks.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
tgm929
Board Meister

Post by tgm929 »

gman313 wrote:Brendan Shannahan

Appears the Leafs want him. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=448827
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I wonder if Aquilini's will again go outside the box on hiring the next Vancouver Canuck GM, as they did with Mike Gillis no experience as a GM only a player agent (6 years as player). If they do could not hurt to give Bob Mckenzie a try, Canuck fans have waited 44 years.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

I don't see Bob Mckenzie giving up his role as "The Hockey Guy" to become GM of the canucks. They are going to take there time hiring a GM, but they cant take to long because they are going to need one by draft day.
Life is too sho......
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

GordonH wrote:I wonder if Aquilini's will again go outside the box on hiring the next Vancouver Canuck GM, as they did with Mike Gillis no experience as a GM only a player agent (6 years as player). If they do could not hurt to give Bob Mckenzie a try, Canuck fans have waited 44 years.

Bob McKenzie (who lives in Ontario) is a reporter through and through. He has no on-ice expertise, no time behind the bench as a player or a coach of any kind. He will never be part of any NHL organization in a managerial position. That would likely be one of the worst acquisitions the Canucks could make to start the new rebuild.

Hiring Linden gives the fans and team some quick stability. We know we're in the hands of someone who not only bleeds hockey but bleeds Canuck hockey. He has made a home in Vancouver for most of his life. He has always done whatever he physically could to help the Canucks succeed and now he has a chance to step up on a different level. However, since he lacks alot of experience as a President or GM, you can be sure that they be looking for a GM who has a proven track record. The last thing they want to do is hire a Pres and GM who both have no experience.

You will see Vancouver sign someone like Bob Nicholson (CEO of Hockey Canada), Lawrence Gilman (6yrs in Van and previously as asst. GM in Phoenix for 5yrs), Paul Fenton (Helped Nashville draft their way to success) and there are several other good quality candidates. You won't see Vancouver hiring a former Canuck as GM, you don't hire someone you can't fire. Naslund is a potential candidate as he has time in Sweden GM'ing a club but I just don't see any way they will hire an ex-Canuck. Heck, Pat Quinn is still around....even he is 10 times better than hiring a guy like Bob McKenzie.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”