Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by Poindexter »

:nyah:

Another stellar game last night. Their first 3rd period come from behind win of the season and more importantly, a huge monkey off Lou's back with the shoot out win.

Tambalini is just flying out there and quite the shot in the shootout (7 out of 10 in shootouts - wow!). What a coup for the Canucks picking him up for nothing. Kesler must think he's died and gone to heaven with the speed he has on his wings. Hopefully the line is back together against Tampa on Saturday and Mason Raymond's injury isn't serious.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

The Naslund ceremony will be on CBC.ca live at 6:10pm and will be on tv at 7.
Life is too sho......
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

jaz301 wrote:The Naslund ceremony will be on CBC.ca live at 6:10pm and will be on tv at 7.

I am sure many of those at the game tonight will want to Boo Naslund, but they will bite their tongue.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

WTHWYT wrote:
jaz301 wrote:The Naslund ceremony will be on CBC.ca live at 6:10pm and will be on tv at 7.

I am sure many of those at the game tonight will want to Boo Naslund, but they will bite their tongue.

I'm not sure if the fans will Boo or not, I'm one who believed Markus Naslund did over stay his time in Vancouver. It's not that his point totals were bad, it was his leadership on and off the ice.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Did you guys see Don Cherry's jacket tonight ? Holeeeee cowwwwww. :ohmygod:
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

xjeepguy wrote:Did you guys see Don Cherry's jacket tonight ? Holeeeee cowwwwww. :ohmygod:

Holy flower print, he uses drapery fabrics to make his suits.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

Came back and almost won, but then 34 seconds in overtime Damn. Well, a point is better than nothing as it was looking early in the game.

Tonight the youngsters of Edmonton should be fast and entertaining. :nyah:
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

The Nazzy tribute was very well done. I'm not one who thinks he should have ever left and should be still part of the organization in coaching or whatever. He's a humble star and there arent many.

Speaking of humble stars, how about Pavel's jersey being retired. :dyinglaughing:

I don't think Bure's jesey will be retired any time soon even though he arguably the most gifted player ever to wear a Canuck jersey, I imagine he'll make the ring of honour soon.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Congrats to Kesler with his first career hat rick in the 3-2 win over Columbus.
Life is too sho......
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

jaz301 wrote:Congrats to Kesler with his first career hat rick in the 3-2 win over Columbus.

Exactly :smt023

well looking at the schedule next up the mighty Leaf nation;) on HNIC
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

RR24K wrote:Well looking at the schedule next up the mighty Leaf nation;) on HNIC

Whenever the Leafs come to Vancouver those at the game 60/40 split with jerseys in the stands. Leaf nation is strong in Vancouver, but Wow what do Leafs need to do to get that monkey off their back. Last time they made the post season 2003/2004 season.
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

hockeyfan1970 wrote:
RR24K wrote:Well looking at the schedule next up the mighty Leaf nation;) on HNIC

Whenever the Leafs come to Vancouver those at the game 60/40 split with jerseys in the stands. Leaf nation is strong in Vancouver, but Wow what do Leafs need to do to get that monkey off their back. Last time they made the post season 2003/2004 season.

Brian Burke did look very happy tonight. Funny I enjoyed the game.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Tonight was not the prettiest win, but the important thing is we won. I am sure the coach has a few word to say to them. Why to Canucks always seem to struggle against the leafs, yet they still pull it off.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Tonight was not the prettiest win, but the important thing is we won. I am sure the coach has a few word to say to them. Why to Canucks always seem to struggle against the leafs, yet they still pull it off.

This has been with Vancouver for as long as I can remember, that play up to their opponent.

Good, bad or ugly a win is a win.

Monday in St Louis

Wednesday in Detroit

Thursday in Columbus
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

:nyah: Another win. That is 4 in a row. If Dallas looses tomorrow Wednesday will decide (for now) who is first in the west as we are in Detroit.
Life is too sho......

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”