Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by Poindexter »

The media is the one at issue with Canucks popularity. I swear we have the angriest sports media in the western world, with the likes of Gallagher and Neil Mcrae leading the way. There is no other team shy of maybe the leafs or the habs that get the attendance we do and that's not counting our attendance in other arena's around the league. The majority of Vancouver fans are positive but that's not going to stir the pot. Apparently 35% of Canada is pulling for Canucks as opposed to 20% for Ottawa so let the facts speak for themselves and ignore the haters.

I still think they can dig themselves out of this hole, they've gone on 4 game streaks before, they just need to rattle Quick a bit get a lucky bounce or two and hopefully open the floodgates.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

AV confirms Cory Schneider starting. Daniel Sedin will be game time decision, but looks good right now.

Yes canucks have gone to win 4 games in a row many times, but its a lot harder to do in playoffs. I am still being hopeful, but I don't know. If we win tonight who knows what could happen. We all remember the Chicago series last year. They were one goal away from making the come back.
Life is too sho......
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Can anyone else explain how this isn't a late, blindside hit?

There is alot of similarity to the Torres hit only no stretcher, both connected with the jaw and both left their feet, granted Torres is more obvious but is there a double standard for Brown??

jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

You bring up a good point there Poindexter. But you know how the NHL is. if the player is fine its not as serious as if there was an injury.

On another note I have been reading articles and every single one is basically saying that canucks feel that they have a better chance of winning with Cory in net compared to Luo. Will we see Luo gone in the off season?

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/04/18 ... t-be-easy/
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/20ska ... story.html
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/04/18/c ... cal-game-4
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... 692/page1/
Life is too sho......
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

As much as I hate to see Henrik rocked, the hit was completely legal. He had just released the puck, not late; blindside hits aren't illegal (blindside hits to the head were illegal last year), and the head wasn't the principle point of contact, so not a hit to the head. Just a crushing blow to a guy not expecting it. If Kesler hit Kopitar like that, we'd be cheering.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Lord Stanley , look over our Canucks tonight and bring us back to Vancouver for a game 5 :D
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

There is an upside to the way the Canucks are playing: We might actually have most of the 2011 rioters charged with a crime before we ever have another riot in Vancouver.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

I got this.jpg
Life is too sho......
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Excellent game :nyah: , just 3 more to go. Just 1 at a time.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

GordonH wrote:Excellent game :nyah: , just 3 more to go. Just 1 at a time.

That was like watching a regular season game ( back to normal ) , beautiful performance !
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

We take for granted how lucky we are to have the twins. No one in the NHL has the chemistry these guys have and it's wonderful to watch.

I should preface this next statement with the fact that I think Hossa is one of the classiest players in the NHL and didn't deserve what happened to him however the Chicago franchise and it's fans certainly did. The fans made a hero out of Keith for his disgusting hit on Sedin and unfortunately the Karma Police made them pay. To see the blackhawk players and coach Q take the high road on dirty hits is a joke.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

Poindexter wrote:We take for granted how lucky we are to have the twins. No one in the NHL has the chemistry these guys have and it's wonderful to watch.

I should preface this next statement with the fact that I think Hossa is one of the classiest players in the NHL and didn't deserve what happened to him however the Chicago franchise and it's fans certainly did. The fans made a hero out of Keith for his disgusting hit on Sedin and unfortunately the Karma Police made them pay. To see the blackhawk players and coach Q take the high road on dirty hits is a joke.

Bingo, on both points.. well said!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Game 5 goes Sunday, delay is Coldplay has a concert Friday & Saturday
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

GordonH wrote:

Game 5 goes Sunday, delay is Coldplay has a concert Friday & Saturday

:nyah: Which I'm going to.. BYAHHHHHHHHHH. (The concert that is)

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”